Untitled Part 2

The next day, Lilliana said nothing to Cameron but a simple goodbye and good luck before walking back up to her room. She sat on her bed and searched through the deep corners of the news. A headline flashed up on the screen: Secret group in Italy Trying to Stop a War Before it Starts. Before Lilliana can truly get a good look at the article, her vision goes blurry with tears. When the tears are gone, so is the headline. Lilly enters the title of the article into her search engine and a single site pops up. She clicks it and reads it over. Rex come here, look at this, she tells him with her mind. Rex hops up onto her bed and looks at the article.   

Lilliana sits and thinks for a few minutes, but then jumps back up and starts packing again

Lilliana sits and thinks for a few minutes, but then jumps back up and starts packing again. I'm going. You can come or not, but I'm going. Rex growls but follows her to the open window anyway. She pops out the screen and climbs out onto the roof. Rex jumps out beside her and together they make their way down the roof to where the jump is only 5 feet. Lilly slides off and reaches up to catch Rex as he jumps. Once they are both safely on the ground, Lilly starts running. The only idea on how to get to Italy was by plane. And she didn't plan to pay for the ticket.

Meanwhile, concerned for how upset and quiet Lilliana was after Cameron's departure, her parents walked up the stairs to her door to check on her. When there was no answer to their knock, they let themselves in. They were horrified to find their daughter missing, the curtains billowing in the wind coming from the open window.

 They were horrified to find their daughter missing, the curtains billowing in the wind coming from the open window