Protect You // Montgomery De La Cruz

Request: Overprotective Monty when Tyler takes pictures of her in her underwear

You stared in horror at your phone, unable to put it down or shut it off. You stared at it, almost as if willing it to disappear on its own, until the screen slowly faded to black. With shaking hands, you set your phone in your backpack.

            You swallowed, hard, as you heard the pinging of phones around you, knowing what they were being sent – It was a picture of you in your underwear, but taken in such a way that it wasn't apparent that you hadn't been in on the fact that it was being taken. The worst part? You knew who had done it – and he was sitting right next to you.

            The entire day, you could hear the whispers and feel the stares, until it all became too much. You abruptly stood up in the middle of class, saying that you had to go to the bathroom, that it was urgent. You maintained your composure until you entered the hallway – That's when you burst into tears.

            Seconds later, Monty was by your side, his arms around you, pulling you close to him while you sobbed.

            "It's okay. It'll be okay," he whispered into your ear, rubbing your back until you were able to calm down. "This was Tyler, wasn't it? I swear to God, I'll kill that little son of a-"

            You shook your head, silencing him.

            "It's whatever," you mumbled, even though it was anything but – It was a big deal to you.

            "No, it isn't," Monty insisted. "Nobody does that to my girl and gets away with it. I love you," he said, kissing you before saying, "I should probably get back to class before they get suspicious, but take your time, kay? I'll bring you cookies later, and teach Tyler a lesson after school." A flash of anger passed over his face as he said it. "I love you baby," he called out as he walked away.