The Legacy I'll Leave Behind

I'm an 11th grader about to be a 12th grader. For AP Lang, I have to pick a book that inspired me and write a paragraph explaining why leaving behind a legacy. I picked Percy Jackson and here's my explanation:

Everyone has their own story to tell. Everyone has their own story that they hold close. Everyone has a book they can read over and over again, a book that has influenced them. The Percy Jackson books are the books that have influenced me. This series got me through life. Because of this series, I was able to connect to others and become sociable. This series also gave me an escape from the world when I needed it. Percy Jackson isn't the only story that can do that but is one I always want to read. This series motivated me to make a difference. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you can't measure up. This series taught loyalty, the meaning of friendship, and how to have fun even when things are falling apart. Riordan wrote this book, and it brought awareness to something people believe is a myth and turned it into something amazing and something everyone wants, as crazy as that sounds. That's ADHD. It's very real. It helps you to understand what they deal with and helps understand other mental challenges. Percy Jackson isn't the only book out there that can help someone escape reality for a bit. There are Harry Potter, The Maze Runner, Whatever After, The Unwanteds. That's not even close to half of them. We all need to escape. Let's admit it, life ain't easy. I promise to pick up a good book, especially this one, can change your state forever and I hope this book means something similar to you.
–SK WiseGirl (Kaylyn Marlow)

What do y'all think?