The art of forgetting

The last thing you remembered was a man running at you followed by a flash of blue and the smell of ozone. It felt as if something cold was clutching your very soul and you couldn't escape it,nor did you want too. It was strangely pleasant.

You woke up in an unfamiliar room. It was beyond messy and smelled like old ketchup and the same ozone smell you can remember from...from what? You sat up rubbing the sleep from your eyes. You racked your brain for any information on what happened but you came out empty handed.

Throwing your legs over the side of the bed,you quickly noticed a sharp stinging pain in your left shoulder. Before you could inspect it however,the door swung open to reveal a very tired looking Sans. When his eyes(?) landed on you,he dropped the neatly folded clothes in his hands and rushed over towards you,enveloping you in a warm hug.

"Oh my Stars kid you scared the living crap outta me" you winced when he pressed a little too hard on your aching shoulder and he pulled back quickly,keeping his hands on your upper arms in a gentle grip. "Wha-" your voice cracked and you only now realized the intense burning in your throat. Sans grabbed something from behind you and quickly shoved it into your hands. You looked down to see a rather large glass of water resting there,the cool glass soothing your burning hands. Without a second thought you tilted your head back and greedily gulped down the icy substance. When you where done you looked up at Sans. He seemed slightly amused by your actions but overall really concerned. When you could finally find your voice you tried asking him the lingering question on your mind. "Wh-what happened?" Your voice cracked again,less than before,but it shot a burning pain through your throat. Sand sighed and scratched the back of his skull.

"Some gang or something cornered us on the way back to your place. I couldn't act f-fast enough to g-get you out of there and you got hurt." He said gesturing to your shoulder. You only now realized that you weren't wearing your own clothes. You where wearing a white shirt with a dolphin on it saying "i did it on porpoise" you would have laughed if you weren't in so much pain. Sans laughed nervously. "Don't worry i had Alphys change you" you only nodded,pulling back part of the shirt so you could see the damage dont to your shoulder. It was wrapped up in gauze and a thick bandage but despite that you could still see some blood seeping through,staining the shirt. "Sorry about ruining your shirt Sans..." you said,feeling guilty of ruining such a cool shirt. "Heh" Sans pulled you into another hug,much softer than the first one. You wrapped your arms around his torso and buried your face in his chest,letting out a sob. You could feel yourself crying up a storm but you had no idea why. Instead of questioning it,Sans just ran his fingers through your tangled hair. "Don't worry about it"