Part 1

The girl in the above picture is Esther Earl, the unsung Hero. i hope this writing would be informative for all the tfios fans !!

John green, the author of tfios, became famous on releasing this novel, which touched so many hearts across the world. It inspired so many cancer patients to fight their cancer.

When I finished reading the book, I wanted to know more about John Green. On researching, I found out that he was inspired to  write the book by Esther Earl

Who was Esther Earl ??

Well, I would say she was one of the unsung heroes of the world. Esther Grace Earl was an American author, internet vlogger (mainly Youtube....check out her own Youtube channel -  "Hello There".  It sounds a little strange, but yes, that's her channel...or you can just type Esther Earl on youtube to watch her videos let me warn you, they are very emotional), online personality and a Nerdfighter (they believe in fighting world suck, such as bullying, and promote education, the freedom of speech and the use of the intellect in modern society, as well as positive values and ethics...check out the next part for further details), as well as an activist in the Harry Potter Alliance (she was a true Harry Potter fan).

At the age of 12, Esther was diagnosed with metastasized papillary thyroid cancer. The following Thanksgiving, in 2007, when Esther's parents sought a second opinion at Boston Children's Hospital, Esther's team of doctors informed her and her parents that her cancer was terminal. Prior to her death from cancer in 2010, Earl became friends with author John Green, who credited her for inspiring him to complete the novel that became 2012 bestseller The Fault in Our Stars.

John Green came to know about her, on attending a Harry Potter conference with his brother Hank Green. Her friendship with Green was due to her self-identification as a Nerdfighter, a member of Nerdfighteria, an online community of fans of the VlogBrothers. Additionally, she built an online presence on platforms such as Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube.

Her cancer fighting came to an end on August 25, 2010......she passed away.....and it was very difficult for John Green to come over her sudden death....and the surprising news is that, she passed away the day after his birthday. Yes, John Green's birthday was on August 24.

Shortly before her death, he uploaded "I Love Hank: Esther Day 2010". The video was uploaded in celebration of "Esther Day", a day which Earl stated she wanted to be about "family and love." Esther Day is celebrated annually on August 3, coinciding with her birthday. Green has stated Earl was the one to suggest "the idea of celebrating friends and family and love," specifically, "the kinds of love that are too often overlooked in our culture: love among friends and family."

In 2014, bookstores around the United States celebrated Esther Day. Additionally, Green has called Esther Day, "the most important holiday" in Nerdfighteria.

Following her death, john green released his video "Rest in Awesome, Esther", in which he spoke about Esther Earl. This video is also available on youtube....so you can check it out.

In 2014, Earl's writings were compiled and released as the book "This Star Won't Go Out", which appeared in 2014 on the New York Times bestseller list for young adult books. The book's inspiration stirred from a promise between Earl and her father: whoever outlived the other would write about the other. The book is a biography of Earl's life, as well as a collection of her journals and drawings.

 The book is a biography of Earl's life, as well as a collection of her journals and drawings

An excerpt from the book "This Star Won't Go Out".

"Esther means "star," and her friends had a bracelet printed out that reads This star won't go out, and it won't. We won't let it."

- John Green, 2010