0.7

same day as the last chapter

hank walks into intelligence to see the guys talk about the information they grabbed from the case.

"boss, we may have found the guy." antonio says as soon as he see voight in his sight

"david castel, 35. was charged multiple times for abuse. each of the victims found him on an online dating app." jay put in

"do we have a location on the guy?"

"not yet. mouse is currently trying to track him through his profile account. but we haven't been any luck" antonio said before looking back at the board.

"tell me when you have something. we need to get this guy before he gets anyone else." hank demanded before heading to his office. jay slowly got out of his desk and went through the office doors.

"i know you said i should leave it but i need to know what happened with erin." jay begged trying to get answers about his wife

"i'm not allowed to say anything because she specifically told me not to." hank bitterly for our before looking back down at the papers on his desk

jay sat down in the chair across from voight trying to recall what happened this morning. "she looked petrified when she opened the door. she said that it was because she was scared layla is growing up like her. but there's something else going on. she had a panic attack..." jay talked to himself and then looked a hank who didn't even have to say anything

"she called you because she had a panic attack and it's something i did and it freaked her out. i'm right, aren't i?" he look at him with desperation trying to get a response out of him. "you don't have to tell me what it is but please just tell me she's okay."

"she's fine jay. just a lot of things going on in her mind right now." he makes a quick response.

before jay could get out another word ruzek comes in through the doors. "jay there's an abby here to see you? she says it's urgent." jay quickly turned her head towards adam and went to go and find her.

pacing through the district
***
it was around noon when erin thought it would be a perfect time for her to go up to the district with layla to see her father and the rest of her family. she was starting to get restless and too hyper for erin's liking and with all the events that happened earlier. everything was still making erin's head spin and unable to have her full attention on layla. she grabbed all of the necessities that her daughter would need for the rest of the day, packed up everything in the car and drove to the 21st.

although the ride was short, her daughter made it almost impossible not to have a peaceful car ride. she's always hated riding in her car seat. the only time it is ever peaceful is if someone, aka jay is in the car with her or it is close to nap time. and since neither of the two are an option erin had to deal with her screaming child. "layla hunny? do you wanna see dada?" erin excitedly said in her baby voice as she took a quick glance at her daughter through the rear view mirror. layla squealed with delight when she heard the term "dada". "you excited princess? daddy's gonna be so happy he gets to see you today." she speaks over her daughters obnoxious squeals.

within seconds after their little conversation erin pulled up in her normal parking spot. she put the diaper bag on her shoulder and went to grab her daughter who wouldn't sit still. after various attempts on trying to get her settled in her arms, she then placed her on the ground and held her tiny hand and walked into the district with her.