Hotel Beds // Alex Standall x Justin Foley

"I can't believe that they didn't think to book enough rooms for all of us," Justin groaned, throwing his bags onto the floor.

"Well, I mean, they did," Alex shrugged. "They just forgot that it was only one bed per room. It's not the worst thing ever."

Justin let out a long groan, flopping down on the small twin bed. "They could've at least paired me with Jessica."

Alex rolled his eyes. "Come on. I'm not the worst roommate you could've asked for. If it's that big of an issue, I can just sleep on the floor. I'm taking the blankets and pillow, though."

Justin sighed. "No. It's not that big of a deal, I guess."

"Well, move over then. It's late and I'm exhausted." Alex said, setting his things down gently. He was already regretting to join the school trip, but they'd pressured him into it until he finally said yes just to get them to stop annoying him.

Justin reluctantly rolled over. "I'm only sharing the bed with you if you agree to, like, put a wall of pillows between us or something." Alex laughed.

"What, afraid I'm going to touch you during the night?" He asked, but he was already starting to build the pile of pillows between them. "Good night sweetheart," he said sarcastically before turning the lights off.

"Fuck off," Justin said into the dark.

As tired as he was, Alex found it impossible to sleep – could've been something to do with the lack of pillows, or maybe it was something else...like how Justin was asleep right next to him. He watched the hours and minutes tick off on the glowing digital clock beside him, and he finally felt himself start to drift off to sleep when he heard a sudden sound breaking the silence.

It was Justin – he bolted up suddenly, gasping for air. Alex could hardly see him in the dark, but he could tell that he was distressed.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled, moving a couple of pillows over to try and get to him. Justin swallowed, hard.

"Uhm, nothing. Just a nightmare."

"Hey. It's okay." Alex said, awkwardly reaching out to pat his back.

"It's not as if you could protect me from anything," Justin said sarcastically. "You're built like a cupcake."

"Hey!" Alex protested. "That's not true. Remember that time I beat up Monty?"

"More like the time Monty beat you up. Anyways, it's fine, really. I'm okay."

"Okay, whatever you say. But I want my pillows back – It's, like, impossible for me to sleep without them."

"Yeah, whatever," Justin said, while simultaneously grabbing his own back.

When they woke up, they somehow found themselves entangled in each other, and Justin noticed that he now smelled a bit like Alex. He slipped out of bed, pulling a shirt back on, and the two of them never mentioned what happened that night again.