'Coalesce of Tenebree"

Thank you all very much for your precious votes and comments.

Tenebrity: The state of being dark

*******************************************************

'Welcome aboard, young shadow, are you headed towards the PSA?', the shadow which had pulled me on board, questioned me in a chirpy voice.

'The PSA?', I asked puzzled

'What do you mean by "the PSA"?", he asked, repeating my question. 'Do you not even know where you're headed?', he continued exasperated leaning against the manta ray on one arm.

'Stop troubling the lad, let him go and have a seat', a female shadow's voice rang out patronizingly from ahead.

'Why do you always have to ruin the fun woman?', he fired back annoyed with a scowl on his face.

'Anyways lad, I was just pulling your leg. Now you must be-', he went on checking through his lists, 'Ahh! There you are, Cimmerin am I right?'

'Yes but what is-', I replied

'Son of Aldrik and Akili, two centuries old...', he went on mumbling under his breath, reading the page.

'Yes, but-', I tried again.

'Everything seems to be in perfect order', he paused and looked up at me puzzled, 'What in Umbra's name are you still doing here?!', he cried out this time. 'Do you know how unsafe it is to be standing on a moving shadow? Go sit down this instant and buckle up', he went on ushering me towards the back.

'Oh the young shadows of today', he grumbled to himself heading towards the front having left me mid-way.

I headed towards the back. Strange man I thought to myself as I still wondered what the PSA stood for. All the others were busy interacting and chatting with one another. I was contemplating where to sit when I spotted a lone shadow sitting at the very end, almost camouflaged and staring out into the endless blue. I went over to him and plopped down beside.

'HI! I'm-', I began

'Cimmerin. I heard', he replied nonchalantly without even moving his head a millimeter.

'Wha-', I tried again. What was it today with everyone cutting me off? I thought vexed.

'It stands for Phrontistery of Shadowy Affairs. The place where you are headed'

Is he a mind reader? I thought surprised and feeling like an utter idiot at the same time.

'Thank you', I replied sheepishly.

'Hmm', he grunted in response.

'Have you-', I began again.

'Are you going to keep this up the whole journey?', he butted in, finally looking at me. I saw annoyance clearly etched into his face. But that wasn't going to deter me. I had set out with the intention of making the most of everything and that was exactly what I intended to do.

'I was going to earlier, but...', I drawled waiting till I had his attention, 'I'll stop, if you answer just one question', I countered slyly.

I remembered what my father had once said. "Quiet people have the loudest minds". And if this were in fact true, I would finally get answers to a, long overdue question. My parents refused to tell me as they wanted me to stay out of all this for as long as possible.

'Fine', he agreed, reluctantly, heaving a sigh. 'Ask'.

I grinned like a fool and turned towards him sitting up straight.