'Run-of-the-mill'

Thank you all for your precious votes and comments.

A special thanks to infinite_sparks , TayaHoward, CharismaticGeek, _gurdiksha_kaur, Mokshya, relive_alive, lipshab0, -SAPPHIREGIRL-HarshitPandey2 , bharvi29,WondrousFlyer and others that I have missed.

And to thereader2122 , Aatashi for absolutely nothing and everything.

Aaron: Mountain of strength.

************************************************

I woke up the next morning to find myself being dragged out of the bed and my arms being tugged upwards as my master stretched himself and let out a throaty yawn.

I wondered how I made it to my bed, because the last thing I remembered was the forest floor. Patiently I waited for the fog in my mind to clear. I didn't have to wait for long as I felt a searing pain in my head as well as a dull ache in my chest, which no matter how much I rubbed at, would just not go.

I yelped as I was suddenly jolted out of the bed and landed on the floor, being pulled towards the bathroom. Ahh! The repetitious morning routine as ever. In such aspects I was happy that I was a shadow. Atleast I didn't have to worry about hygiene and grooming. But though I didn't have to groom myself I still sadly had to perform those wearisome tasks. What a bore.

As every other morning I found myself lying on the bathroom floor, bending my back every time Leonore hunched down to spit. Oh why do they have to brush every morning and night, I thought bitterly. The medieval ages were much better, when no one paid much attention to activities such as bathing or brushing. I mean Elizabeth the first just bathed once in a month. There were also some people who bathed once in a year before Easter for twenty-four hours straight! Brushing was simply done by chewing herbs or flowers. How much more convenient.Bless my soul my master isn't from South Korea though. I heard from my fellow shadows that people there brush thrice in a day! And they don't even mind brushing in public! Imagine the embarrassment for the shadows there. To simply sway the arm in all weird directions and motions. My god!

The next and even more boring chore is that of shaving.

While my master applies foam to his cheek, I simply wave my hands as if mopping my face, utterly bored. After that, both hands come into play. One stretching the skin and the other hand holding the blade, carefully cutting at the skin, while the face keeps on concocting the most abominable expressions.

Initially when I had to copy my master's actions, I used to keep a close watch on his expressions too along with his movements. Although that habit died out very soon, because I have literally wet my pants simply looking at their faces (Yes, shadows do wear black pants, we don't roam around naked!). With their nose scrunched up, lips turned upwards and cheeks being pulled to such an extent I fear that they are going to rip one day. A cold sweat runs down my back simply remembering those terrifying countenances of theirs.

Now, I simply amuse myself by swaying and moving my arms and palms avoiding looking at the master's face at all costs.

By this time the face making sessions are over, there's a dull ache in my arms. Thankfully, my master lets me massage my arms as he too is in the dire need of one!