'Flight'

Thank you all for your precious votes and comments.

A huge thanks to @lipshab0  @AnotherCosmonaut  @pabo101

If u enjoy reading my book please nominate it for the literary Awards 2017 through this link:  https://www.wattpad.com/376478950-the-2017-literary-awards-nominations-are-now/page/3

Aldrik: Old and a wise counselor

Akili: Bright and intelligent

*****************************************************

'Mom! Mom! Where are you?', I yelled enthusiastically running into the house. I was a young silhouette of 35 years.

'Coming Cimme dear!',my mom yelled back from the kitchen.

'Come faster mom! You're so slow', I retorted grumpily, crossing my arms.

'Well is it possible that I'll be as fast you now Cimmer dear?', my mom replied with a laugh, coming out of the kitchen and ruffling my hair.

'Yes what is it that you want to show me', my mom continued kneeling down on her knee so that she was at the same height as I, 'did you lose another tooth?', she asked, her eyes lighting up.

'No mom', I replied exasperated. I could never understand what obsession parents have with us losing our teeth.  

'I can fly!', I squealed,my lips pulled into a grin.

'Cimme, you just showed me that last week, did you forget so soon? And I thought I was the one aging', she replied teasingly, getting up.

My mom was referring to the incident when I used to tie a cape my neck and jump from one piece of furniture to the other.

'No mom not that', I replied annoyed and a bit embarrassed, putting an arm around her shoulder,pushing her back down, so that she wouldn't leave and I could show her. 'Wait here, I'll show you'.

Just like I had been practicing for so many days I changed myself into an albatross, flapped my wings and took off. I kept circulating around the room, flying in every corner.

'Look mom! I'm flying!Are you seeing me?', I shouted mid-flight.

I didn't notice the frightened and horrified expression she had instead of the joyous one I had supposed would be there.

'Cimme! Come down this instant!', my mom shouted.

'But why mom? This is so cool!'. I had no clue that shadows couldn't fly.

The door opened suddenly.My father had come home.

'Dad look! I am flying!'.

'Cimmerin cease this right now!', my father bellowed, immediately rushing to shut the windows and draw the curtains.

'But why? Aren't you proud of me?', I asked, finally coming down, forlorn.

My mom immediately wrapped her arms around me and hugged me. Father came and sat beside my mother on the ground and placed a hand lovingly on my head.

'Cimmerin, from where did you learn how to fly?', he asked, stroking my head.

'From the albatross daddy, he taught me',

'He taught you? How?',my dad continued confused.

'When I used to play with him...',