Chapter Eighteen- Part 1

Start from the beginning

Everyone gave me pleading eyes. I guess they didn't want to hear another Brittany original. I just sighed as I reached into my duffle bag, Rachel and Kurt smiled at each other. I pulled out my sheet music and walked in front of the crowd. I was about to sing, but stopped myself.

"It's not done-"Oh my god, JUST SING." Quinn practically yelled at me.

I was taken back but looked over at Finn. He shot me an encouraging smile and a thumbs up. I stifled a giggle as I began to sing. I sang the lyrics out with all my heart, it felt good to sing it to my friends-it was about all of them. After I finished what I had written, everyone stared at me. I felt my cheeks warm up as I cleared my throat.

"I was thinking about just repeating the chorus for one last time. Maybe add some vocal runs.." I said, looking at the music in my hands.

Rachel smiled, "I think it's perfect for Nationals!" She got off the bed and stood beside me, "Who thinks so as well?"

Everyone raised their hands, Finn and Kurt being the first. I smiled as everyone clapped over my song, smiles on their faces. Quinn and Rachel volunteered to write a second song, since they already wrote 'Loser Like Me' together, they could easily pump out another fast-beat anthem.  

We all decided to go venture out and explore the city. Mr. Schue wanted us to stay in our room..but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Just as I was about to leave, I ran back inside the room to grab my purse. As I was running out to catch up with everyone else, I bumped into Finn's chest.  

"Whoa! Slow down there, we won't leave you!" He smiled playfully.

I felt a blush coming onto my throbbing cheek, speaking of that, I had to check my makeup on the area where Joe slapped me. No need for questions from the club. 

"Hey, um, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get dinner tomorrow night?" Finn asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I almost dropped my purse.

Did he-did he just ask me out to dinner? In NEW YORK CITY?! I shimmered down when I remembered two important details.

"That-that sounds amazing." Finn smiled as I continued, "But, it's the night before Nationals tomorrow...would Mr. Schue let us go out?"

Finn shrugged, "We could find a way around that. Plus, it'll be a quiet night anyway."

"What about Quinn?" Finn's smile dropped.

There wasn't a doubt in my mind that he though of the same thing. How would this affect Quinn? The girl looked like she was already on the edge, and I didn't want to be the one that pushed her off. 

"Lizzie, Quinn and I went our seperate ways. She-she already knows how I feel about you, it won't be a huge surprise for her." I nodded, I guess he was right.

Of course he was right. It was obvious Quinn knew how we felt about each other...why would she send me looks in the first place. I smiled at Finn.

"Well, then it's a date."  

Finn smiled, obviously pleased with himself as he directed me to go out first. I giggled and made my way out the room.

XXX

Nick sighed as he crossed out yet another line in his notebook. Lizzie influenced him to try his hand at songwriting, "It's a great way to relieve stress and anger," she said as she gave him the leather bound notebook the night before she left for New York. It was amazing that she knew he was angry, Nick thought he was hiding it pretty well. What was he angry about? Joe, being sick, the football team...life just wasn't going right. He read over the lyrics in his notebook, singing softly to himself.