Chapter 8: Leaving

(The Day After Sokka Left)

I wake the next morning to find myself emotionally exhausted. I sigh and rub my eyes. I guess there is nothing I can do but to just keep hoping they stay safe and find Azula. I get dressed and slowly enter my kitchen, hoping that my parents wouldn't say anything about Sokka. Fortunately, they stayed silent, only glancing over at me. I could tell they were trying not to say anything. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I decided to leave. I didn't think I could take it any longer.

I ran out side and looked around. Same old view, same old plants, same old........life. I sigh and decide I should probably do some chores. I grab a bucket and start to walk towards the well. I put the bucket on the edge and start to wind up the bucket of water. I slowly poured the water into my bucket, then slowly start to walk back. I hang my head, watching my feet take one step at a time. My shadow stretched out in front of me, when all of a sudden it disappear and reappeared in a second. It was as if an even bigger shadow came over mine. And then I realized it. I slowly look up and to see a dark silhouette flying in the sky. I recognize it right away.

It was Appa!

I drop my bucket in shock. He flew in a big circle and slowly descended to the meadows in front of the house. One person sat up and looked over at me, waving.

"Hey! Ara!!" They shouted. I gasped.

"S-...sokka?" I mumble. What is he doing here? He was supposed to be gone by now. I didn't think I would see him for a long time, but he's here. He hopped off Appa and started running towards me. "Sokka!" I yelled as I ran to him. Tears started to form in my eyes. I practically jumped in his arms as we wrap our arms around each other. I didn't want to let go, but after several seconds we pull apart. "I don't understand. You were supposed to be gone by now." I look over to see the rest of the gang walking up to us.

"Hey, don't I get a hug?" Aang smiled with his arms open. I giggle and slightly blush. I give him a hug happily, and while I was at it, I give Katara a hug and attempt to give Toph one but said she wasn't a hug person.

"What are you guys doing here?" I say still confused. They all looked at each other and smile. Sokka crossed his arms smiling back at me.

"We want you to come with us." He said. I widen my eyes and crinkle my eyebrows.

"W-what?" I manage to mumble. I start to shake my head. "N-no. You guys don't want me to come. I mean, I would just get in your way. And I'm not even that good at Airbending." I hang my head. But I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over at Aang who's smiling at me.

"That's why I'll teach you. We think you can help us, and we can't leave a friend behind." He says with a smile. I smile and look over at the others. They all looked happy and sure about they're decision. I nod in agreement. I can't believe it. I am actually going to learn how to airbend, and I get to travel with the Avatar. Maybe my life...is getting better.

When we head back to my house, we all try to explain to my parents the situation and how they want me to go with them. At first they refused, especially my dad, but after a lot of begging and convincing they realized I was all grown up and ready to try new things. I think it also helped that Aang was the Avatar.

I started packing up some of my stuff in my room when suddenly my dad walks in. He looked distraught.

"What is it dad?" I say continuing to pack my stuff. He sighs and scratches his head.

"So, you're gonna be gone for a while, huh?" I pause for a second and he continues. "You've grown up so much since we found you in the village." His voice grew sad. 

"Dad..." I turned to him. He had a sad smile on his face.

"Ya know, when we found out that you were an airbender, we were scared for you. We were scared that you would get hurt and the fire nation would try to get you... But when I gave you your glider, and you learned how to use it, I knew you were special. You are unlike anyone else. You have a gift, and you might not think that you are skilled or powerful, but you definitely will improve and I want you to go out and find that rotten Azula and capture her. Because I believe that you are 100% able to."

At this point, I had tears in my eyes. My dad really truly believes in me.

"Thank you." I whisper as I hug him tightly.

"I love you Ara."

"I love you too Dad."

After packing my stuff and give one last hug to my parents, the gang and I head out to Appa. This is so exciting! Never in a million years would I think that I would be traveling with the Avatar! Oh my gosh!......oh my gosh. What in the world am I doing? I'm about to go fight with the Avatar. The Avatar. Am I really capable of this? I know that they said they would teach me how to fight and airbend better, but will I be ready to fight? More importantly, will I be able to fight Azula?

"Ara?!"

"Huh what??" I suddenly am snapped out of my deep thought.

"Do you want some help up onto Appa?" Sokka says. I blink a few times, still a little dazed.

"Oh, um, yes please." Sokka and Aang help me up on Appa. I could have used my airbending, but considering I was a little out of it just then, I probably needed some help up. I try to get my mind off of what I was just thinking, which wasn't hard. I mean, I am sitting, and about to ride, on Appa! He was so adorable, I couldn't wait!

Everyone gets situated and Aang took his spot up front. Everyone looks over to me, smiling.

"You ready?" Sokka said excitedly. I smile and nod.

"Yip yip!" Aang called. Appa flew into the air quickly. I may or may not have screeched a little, but after that I just laughed and cheered. It was amazing! We flew around my house once as I looked over the edge to my parents below. They waved and I waved back, slightly teary eyed. I turn and look in the direction we were headed. The sun shined bright and the breeze was cool. It was absolutely amazing.

This is it. This is what I was meant to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY! Isn't it great?! I know it's kinda short but ya know, whateves. Hey at least I updated sooner than last time! Ok so, I probably should have done this sooner but, the way you pronounce Ara is (Ar-uh). Like you're saying the letter R, then 'uh'. Not (Air-uh). I just thought I should make that clear so there isn't any confusion. Well, I hope you liked it and I'll do my best to update soon!

Read, vote, COMMENT!!

Luv y'all!~<3