Chapter 6: Guilt

I still can't believe I met the Avatar, my idol. We had a great time, talking and just hanging out. It felt like a dream. We had so much to talk about since he knew I was an airbender! I don't regret it at all. I was sad when they left earlier, but I knew they would be back.....right? They wouldn't just leave and not come back. Unless.......they actually didn't like being with me. In that case, I might never see the avatar again. No. I can't give up hope! I just have to believe that they will visit me again.

"Ara!" My mom suddenly calls. I snap out of my thoughts and look to her.

"Huh what?!" I say, oblivious of what was going on. She put her hands on her hips.

"Day dreaming again?" She says somewhat annoyed. "What was it this time?" My face turns red and I look away.

"Oh, uh, it was nothing." I say trying not to smile. My mom laughs and sit across the table from me.

"It was about the Avatar wasn't in?" My face turns even more red. "Do you...have a crush on him?" She said teasingly.

"Gah!! Ehh, it's not like that! heh heh..." I say nervously. My mom laughs.

"Ha ha, I am kidding." She says patting my arm. "Why don't you go head to bed." She says kindly. I nod and go to my bed room. I sigh as I fall into bed. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of I might see Him again tomorrow, the Avatar. I drifted off to sleep, ready for tomorrow.

I wake up and hear the usual movement in the kitchen. Sokka! And possibly Aang and the others! I sprint up and get dressed. I run into the kitchen, "Sokka? Aang?" I pause when I get in there. They weren't there. Neither of them were. Just Mom and Dad. I look at them slightly disappointed. "So Sokka isn't here yet?" I say trying to hold back the sadness in my voice.

"Nope. He's late." My dad say in a slightly angered tone. "But, I guess all we can do is get to work." He gets up and heads outside, grabbing his hat along the way. I sigh and follow him outside. Several hours pass and still no Sokka, Aang, or anyone. Before I knew it, it was already dinner time so Dad and I head inside. We see are food already made and put on the table. I sit down and before my sits he gives my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks Mama."

"Yeah, thanks Mama." I repeat after him.

"Your welcome." She smiles. We begin to eat. It was dead silent for most of the meal, until I finally speak up.

"He's not coming, is he Dad." I say, staring at my almost empty plate. He sighs, frustrated.

"No, I don't think so." He says still a little mad.

"What if..." I feel my face turn red and the tears starting to form. "What if....they didn't come back....because of me." I hear them stop what they were doing.

"Now that's just absurd. Why would that be?" My dad questions.

"Well, Aang could think I'm a freak, and Sokka could be mad at me for not telling him I was an airbender..."

"Sweetie I doubt that-" My mom starts.

"Yeah well what if it's true?" I whip my head up and stare at them. They both look at me concerned and not sure what to say. I sigh and shake my head, looking away. "What if I ruined everything... I shouldn't have ever told them."  I feel my tears about to fall. I stand up and look away so they wouldn't see.

"N-no, Ara-"

"I'm going to my fort for a while." I quickly walk out the door and begin the run. My glider opens and I fly into the air. I arrive to my fort and sit on top. I hug my legs as I get deep in thought. What if it was my fault. What if they never come back? I knew I shouldn't have told them. Sokka probably thinks I betrayed him by not telling him that's I'm an airbender. And Aang's friends probably think I'm a freak and don't trust me. And Aang.......Aang. Ugh, what have I done? Tears begin to roll down my cheeks as I sit in silence.

After a few minutes, I look up to see a beautiful sunset. It reminded me of the sunset Aang and I watched yesterday. The bright colors of orange and pink calmed me down a bit. I promised myself that if I ever saw them again, I would set things right.

The next day was just another disappointment. I woke up late, hoping Sokka would be here when I woke up, but he wasn't. I walk glumly into the kitchen where my mom was sweeping. I sit down in a chair and stare down at the old wood of the table. I hear my mom stop sweeping and feel her eyes on me. After a few seconds of silence I slowly glance up. She looks at me gently, smiling and tilting her head. I give her a regrettably look.

"Oh sweetie," She said as she walks over to me. "It's aright." She kneels down and I wrap my arms around her neck. She rubs my back which makes me feel a lot better. She always knows how to comfort me. I pull back and she smiles at me kindly. "The last thing I would suspect is that they are mad at you." I look at her still unsure. She laughs a little. "If only you knew how and what Sokka says about you." My jaw drops, I'm shocked.

"W-what do you mean? W-what does he say?!" I jump up from my seat very confused. She just laughs.

"That's not my secret to tell." She winks at me. My shoulder drop in disappointment. "Well why don't you go help your dad for a bit."

"Ok." I grumble.

I head outside and look over to my dad. He looks over at me, then continues to hoe the garden. I could tell he was mad about Sokka not showing up again. I just go and start picking corn, trying to push the thought out of my head.

Oh Sokka....I'm sorry.

Just as the guilt starts to become unbearable, something unexpected happens. A moving object catches my eyes. I look over to the hill and see Him. Sokka. I gasp and drop the corn in  my hand. He...he came back! I felt like crying but the over whelming joy took over. I sprint over to him. I felt like wrapping my arms around him and explaining everything. How I felt horrible about not telling him I was an airbender. And how I would never lie to him again. And.....how he is one of my best friends. But, I just stand speechless in front of him, still in shock that he was even here.

"S-sokka..." I manage to squeak out. I expected him to start explaining why he wasn't here for two days, but he stayed silent. Something was wrong. He stared down at the ground with a worried look on his face. "W-what's wrong?" I mumble. He looks up, and his expression turns serious.

"Azula escaped from prison."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh......muhahaha, cliff hanger! XD Sowwy sowwy sowwy! I haven't been updating a lot recently! I will try harder this time! OOO! I had this idea! You guys should give me some feed back for the future and the past! And what I mean when I say that is that you should say what your favorite thing about story so far, such as favorite character, moment, or even couple ;)  And then you can say what I should add. It could be more romance, or action, or a plot line, or anything like that! I think it would be fun, but it's up to you! :)

Vote, follow, COMMENT!!

luv y'all!! <3

Silver~<3