Chapter 9

"Wha-what?" Deathbringer chuckled.

"No, I didn't mean it like that I'll send someone else to take your place in the forest. For now, you can rest until I figure out where else to put you." Ghost nodded calming down a bit.

"Ok, sir." She dips her head and flies off. Deathbringer watched her go before walking to the throne room. Glory stood up and walked over to him.

"Any luck?" She asks, Silver resting in the curve of her neck.

"No, I'm having Ghost rest at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to send her in the search." Glory nodded. Her gaze seemed off as Deathbringer wrapped his wing around her. "Don't worry we'll get her back."

*Moss' pov*

The two had been traveling for several days now. Moss had hoped that it wouldn't take so long, but every afternoon she felt drowsy and needed rest. She hated it.

Eden flew behind her, flying slightly further up so his wings wouldn't hit her. Moss looked down at the ground as they flew by. Little ways off was a large town.

"Eden! Look!" She shouted looking up at him. Eden stopped and looked back at her. He smiled as he descended to the town. Moss landed beside him a little less gracefully. She shook out the sand from her wing and then shook her head.

"Welcome to Possibility." He said with a smile. Eden looked around a bit and began to walk off, Moss so close their wings were touching. Eden stopped, Moss, followed his gaze to a dark Sandwing up ahead. Moss shifted and wished she could shift her scale colors. Eden opened his wing.

"Is that her?"

"Get on my back." He ordered. Moss looked at him as if he was joking but he looked at her with an expression as blank as stone. With a nod the small Rainwing climb onto his back and curled under his wings as he attempted to hide her.

Moss just barely poked her head out next to Eden's neck as he walked up to the older Sandwing. She turned her head looking at him.

"Do I know you?" She asks. Eden shrugged. "What's your name?"

"Eden." He responded. A look of terror crossed the strange dragons face but quickly changed to the same blank stare Eden had. They must be related. Moss though to herself.

"Eden," she repeated. "I haven't seen you since you were a year old. I'm so sorry." The female browed her head and then looked up at him. Her dark eyes seemed to change to a light crystal blue like Eden when she laid her talon on his cheek.

Eden almost drew back but stayed in place as she smiled and wrapped her wing around him. Moss squeaked and moved out of the way but was instead caught in their wings. Moss used her front arm to try and get them off of her. Both dragons seemed to feel on fire as they touched. Moss struggled to get free. The female opened her wings and fell back in surprise.

"Who's that?" She growled. Eden looked back at Moss and examined her. Moss held her front arm and bit back a growl in pain. Eden took her arm and looked at it. He dropped her limb and took a step back.

"Moss... your scales are burnt. I- I hurt you." Eden drew back from her. The female touched her wing to his. Eden moved his wing away.

"Moss, well aren't you a sight to behold. I'm sorry about your arm but thank you for returning my son." She touched Moss' arm and mugged some words that were too quiet to hear. Eden pushed his mother away from Moss before she could finish.

"Leave her alone, she doesn't need one of your 'perfection' spells. She's got enough on her already." Eden stood in front of Moss.

What if she can make my scales change color. She thought to herself.

"She's a Rainwing who can't change color, and I'm pretty she wants to. Don't you dear?" She asked.

"Well yeah but, I even know your name-"

"Cobra, now about your scales." She cut Moss off. Moss thought for a moment.

"I mean yeah." Eden looked back at her. He sat down and wrapped his wing around Moss. Cobra uncurled her barb and touched the barb to Moss. Moss flinched but felt calmer. She pulled away and Moss looked up at Eden. He rolled his eyes and looked back at Moss.

Her scales still black with the multicolored specks scattered throughout. She shifted and tried to force her scales to change. From her tail, her scales began to 'disappear' from sight. Within seconds she disappeared. Eden nodded. Moss forced her scales back to before and Eden pulled her closer.

"You didn't do anything else to her right?" Eden questioned. Cobra shook her head.

"I would never."

"Good." Moss curled up into Eden wing for sun time and fell asleep.

*Eden's POV*

"So I might've made her love you as much as you love her." With that Cobra lead Eden to the small cave, she made for herself outside of town. Eden carried Moss the full way and set her down outside under a rock. Eden laid down beside her.

"You shouldn't have done that." He said to Cobra as she sat next to him.

"Trust me, she didn't need an enchantment to love you. She already does more so then you do to her." Cobra laid her wing on him as she stood up and walked to the cave.