Chapter 2

Moss looked around the jungle canopy before she looks back at Eden. The sandwing was laying down. His tail curled around him. The barb was curled in so he didn't stab himself as he slept. Even though it was midday or sun time, Moss was awake she was waiting for him to fall into a deep sleep so she can start her sun time.

Deathbringer looked around the castle. His wings tucked against his side as he looked for his daughter.

"Moss!" He called through the castle. When he didn't hear a reply he walked out of the castle. He spread his dark wings and takes off into the trees. He narrowly missed some trees until he spotted a sand-colored dragon on the ground. He tucked his wings and dived.

Moss looked up at the sky which shine through the trees. She saw a dark dragon with his wings tucked and diving. Once she figures out where he should land she ran to Eden's side.

"Get up!" She hissed in his ear. He groaned as he opened his eyes in time to move away from the diving dragon. He looked at the two. Moss lowered her head and looked down. The dark dragon grabbed her.

"Moss, what have I told you about leaving the castle without telling me? And why is there a Sandwing in the kingdom?" He scowled at her.

"Dad! I'm not a baby anymore. I'm almost six! He wasn't doing anything wrong promise." She said to Deathbringer. He growled to Eden. "Come on Eden you might as well meet my mother too if you're going to stay here." Eden stood up. He was a bit taller than Moss. His sandy scales looked a bit gold in the light.

Deathbringer gave him one last death stare before taking off. Moos followed with Eden at her side.

"I don't think he likes me that much."

"Probably not. He doesn't like sandwings a whole lot but he didn't kill you-"

"Because I was with you. You know that." Moss only nodded as they made it to the castle. Eden looked at the castle as if he didn't expect her to be a princess. A large rainbow dragon greeted them. She had a crown woven from vines and various purple and yellow flowers.

"Princess Moss, you know you were to be in your class almost an hour ago. You really need to pay attention to time, my dear." Queen Glory said taking Moss into a hug. She wrapped her wings around her. Eden shifted watching the two. Siblings stayed by his side's. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, mother this is Eden, Eden this is my Mom," Moss says. Queen Glory nods and lets 's go of Moss, walking over and sitting on her throne. Eden gave her a smile.

"What brings you here then?"

"They kicked me out if the sand kingdom. The rainforest is the closest thing to it and I need a place to stay." He says. Glory nodded and though for a moment.

"Moss take him to the spare room near yours. He can be a quest until we can find his family." Moss smiled and jumped up. She took Eden's talon and brought him to the room. I was a large open space with a bed woven from vines and leaves. Eden sat on the bed and curled his tail around his paws.

"We can change it up a bit, 'cause I don't think you're going back home."

"Yup, but if you could add a little sand on the ground I'm sure to be right at home." He smiled. Moss nodded. And jumped up and sat next to him. "I'll you see you later I guess. I'm a bit tired."

"Ok," Moss replied simply before standing up. She brushed her wing against his before walking out. Eden laid down and fell asleep. Moss head to her room and laid on a patch of sunlight. She fell asleep for sun time.