26 - The Part Where A Promise Has Been Made

Start from the beginning

Perrie nodded. "I miss her, too. But I am not reaching out to her again if my heart would be hurt at the end of the day."

Jesy and Leigh shared a knowing glance. It was like both of them are talking to each telepathetically, having a silent conversation in the most furtive way possible while Perrie on the other hand had become oblivious to the fact that both of her friends are talking about her in front of her.

"What if--let's say hypothetically, Jade did reached out to you. Would you guys be okay again?" Leigh asks with an arched eyebrow, once again sneaked a furtive glance at Jesy, who smiled in response before Leigh met Perrie's innocent gaze once more.

Perrie shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well," Jesy joined in, "if ever you change your mind and decided to talk to her, she texted me she'll just be in the park."

"Why do you guys insist that I should be the one reaching out to her again?"

"Woah, there," Jesy teased. "We're not forcing you to even talk to her, alright. We just wanted you guys to work it out again. Your history with that girl is everything, Edwards."

"Everything," Perrie repeated, nodding. She eyed the two girls in front of her skeptically. She leaned forward, her elbows on support as they push against the table. "You guys are keeping something from me and I don't like that."

Jesy gulped, "Just talk to your friend, alright. Jade misses you and just needed to talk to you about something--and don't ask us why."

"O...kay?"

It didn't take long before the couple had left Perrie alone with her thoughts about Jade surrounding every corner of Perrie's brain. There are so many things Perrie is currently wondering about right now. She was wondering why Jade would suddenly and out of nowhere want to meet up with the blonde; she wondered why just when they are about to graduate the day after tomorrow, Jade had finally had the audacity to even ask Jesy to tell Perrie to meet her at the park.

~•~•~

Jade had been sitting down, leaning her back against the trunk of the tree for a good 30 minutes, using the time to cogitate about everything.

"Jesy told me you'd be here."

Jade froze once she heard this. An all too familiar voice coming from an all too familiar girl that had made billions of butterflies come back to life and had made Jade's dull and colorless world to lighten up in delight. It has been awhile; Jade missed the girl so much.

Jade turned her head to see Perrie already sat down comfortably, with her legs stretched in front of her as the girl lifts one of her legs on top of the other. Her slim arms flexed as they push against the grass on her sides.

Jade smiled--for the first time in what felt like forever after that night. "Perrie."

"Hey," Perrie replied softly, flashing the girl her grin.

"I think I recalled our first meeting..." Jade thought, darting a look at the blonde beside her, smiling once Perrie's eyes were glued on her. "Do you remember?"

"I did," Perrie nodded. "I thought you were a bully."

"A bully?"

"Jade, you called me a corpulent human being," Perrie deadpanned, shaking her head disapprovingly at her. "And correct me if I'm wrong--but I believe those are your first words to me."

"Okay, I admit, that does sound insulting," Jade chuckled. "But, come on, Perrie Edwards, you should've taken that as a compliment. I was being nice--and that is so not sarcastic, alright?"