Part 4

It's been a couple of days since we moved in and it's a lot easier to get used to living here than I originally had thought.  My mom and I walked around town for a bit and checked out the school I would be at when next week comes.  The school was very nice looking, especially from outside, it had a lot of exterior structures where you could sit and eat if you wanted.  Also the entire school was like one big campus, it had all of the grades connected from elementary all the way to High School.  I always wondered what it would be like if all the schools were right next to each other.  How students would interact with each other and such. 

     One of the strangest things happened while at home today.  I was just practicing guitar, then the door bell rings.  I'm just thinking, "why would anyone be coming to this house".  I opened the door and it was the girl from before that I saw run out of the house next to us.  She had a pie with her and a note on it in Japanese.  She said something but I couldn't understand what she said.  Then all of a sudden I hear someone yelling for what I presume was for her.  She had a very worried look on her face, I was quite scared to be honest of what was going to happen.  She then said something in a soft but scared tone, again I didn't know what she said nor what was yelled out from the other person.  She ran back to what I would assume was her house.  I just hope that nothings happening over there that I or my mom should be worried about.

     I closed the door and told my mom about what happened.  She just said to not worry about it.  We ended up eating the pie and I've got to say it was really good.  I wondered if she made it or if someone else did.  I decided to keep the note and show it to my Japanese teacher so she can tell me what it says.

____________________________________________________________

     It's my first day of school in Japan.  I will only be with my Japanese teacher for the remainder of this school year since I needed to learn Japanese.  Her name is Ms. Asai, she will also be helping me with my other classes, mostly in understanding what the papers said for the time being til I was more comfortable with reading, writing and speaking.  I would also be alongside two other students that weren't from Japan but I didn't know their names yet, just my teachers'.  I wouldn't have long days yet because well I couldn't really speak to anyone, so I would only have class with Ms. Asai and do my assignments from other classes if I had any; then I would be allowed to leave.

     Ms. Asai taught us separately since we were all on different lessons.  The other two students would help as well if I looked like I needed it; their names are Jason and Sierra.   She mostly just showed me the difference between Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji's; she started me off with Hiragana and Katakana having me practice writing the different characters and pronouncing them til I got the hang of it.  The Hiragana and Katakana weren't very scary to learn in comparison to Kanji.  Asai said that's what most foreign people have trouble with in Japanese, is when it comes to writing and reading because of how the Kanji's were so different to how the normal characters looked.
____________________________________________________________

     School has ended today, for me anyways.  As I was about exit the school I almost forgot to show Ms. Asai the note.  I went back to her classroom, she told me it said "Help me, please".  I just thought, why would she need help and I thought maybe something was happening to her at home, but I wasn't too sure. 

     I went to exit the school and I noticed the girl again, the one who gave the note.  I approached her from behind, tapping on her shoulder.  She turned around and I showed her the note.  She showed that worried face again.  I tried talking to her to see if maybe she understood English.

"What's this about?"

She pulled me by my arm to somewhere where we were alone.

"So I guess you understand me?"

"Can you help me please!"  It sounded like she was having a lot of trouble speaking, like she was scared to death of something.

"Does it have anything to do with the loud noises and yelling?"

"Yes, I can't take it anymore over there.  My dad, he. . he keeps beating me and just recently he tried to. . ."

She fell to her knees bawling.  I was very heart broken; who would do such a thing to their own daughter.  I knelt down next to her and rubbed her back.

"Why haven't you told anyone about this?  No one deserves to be treated like that."

"'Cause if. . . if I ever did he would beat me much worse." I couldn't understand why she still wouldn't tell anyone.  I guess I can't say, because I've never been in such a position before.

"How long has this been going on?"

"I don't know, about a year or so."

"A year!  Just. . .just how."  Her crying only got worse the longer we were standing there.  I tried to pull her up on her feet but she wouldn't stand.

"Why did you come to me out of all people?"

"You were the only neighbors that were close.  The other ones moved out."

"Is there anyway you would be able to get out of the house without getting caught?"

"I can try but it won't be easy."

"Try and leave at night and come over to my house tonight.  Okay?  We can call the police and you can tell them what he's been doing to you.  Do you think you can last a night or two if you can't tonight?"

"I'll try, if I can't then what else?"

"If you can't.  Then I will call the cops on your house and tell them that someone is being abused in there.  Now I need to get home.  Do you think you can stand up?"

"I'll be fine, just go."

"Okay, if you're sure.  I'll see you tonight." I gave her a quick hug to tell her she'll be fine.  As I was walking away I gave her a reassuring smile.  "You will be fine."

____________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed.

See You!

Suzuka X ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara