1

Teo

I walked into the doors of my shitty, shitty school. My names Mateo but i don't really go by that. For reasons, that was my dads name, and me and my dad aren't exactly close.

I guess all the pain that was left from my dad never went away.

" wassup Teo " my wing man, Zay said giving me dap.

" wassup man. " I said.

" how was New York ? " Zay asked.

" any new shorties while I was gone? " I said, ignoring the question. He knew I went to New York, but they didn't know it was to visit my dad so my mom could legally get him to legally remove him as " father. " he didn't want to give up his rights to me or my siblings, but I had no love for my dad.

" man, ain't you dating Amber? Why don't you stay loyal. " Zay laughed.

" man, I'll stay loyal when I find a girl to stay loyal to. " I said back.

" you tripping. But, if you ain't want Amber I'd be happy to take her off ya hands. " Zay smirked.

" sloppy seconds headass " I teased, and it was true. Every time I dated a girl and wasn't interested, she ended up with Zay.

" shut up " Zay laughed. I laughed too, me and Zay were for say, the ' alphas ' of the school. Everyone knew of us, and everyone loved us. We played basketball and was the best looking duo in school. No homo, that's coming from the girls.

Jocelyn

" bye Joce" My mom smiled at me.

" bye mommy, love you. " I said giving her a hug. I walked into the school and saw crowds. I was supposed to be going to the office to get my schedule, but I didn't know where to go. It was my first day here, I moved here from Baltimore to get away from my abusive dad.

I decided to ask the first person I saw where the office was, and it was a boy. He had a curly afro thing with a visor. I tapped his shoulder. He was with another boy, he had a high top and he was light skinned with braces. I saw a couple other boys approaching him too.

" um, excuse me. " I said, shyly.

" who the fuck touching me, yo? " he said annoyed. He turned around and glared at me.

" the hell, who are you? "

" sorry to bother you. I'm new here and I was just wondering where the office wa- "

" bye " he said, turning around laughing at me. I cleared my throat and kept walking. I'll just find the office on my own.

-

" um, hi. I'm Jocelyn " I started to say walking through the door. The office lady cut me off.

" Jocelyn Fernandez, welcome to Reading High. " The secretary said, smiling at me.

" thanks. " I smiled.

" Your scheduled for a tour of the school, so just wait one second and ill show you around. " She smiled. All this smiling was getting weird.

" okay. "

A couple seconds later, the hallway boy walked in.

" Yoo, Mrs. P " He said, ignoring my presence.

" Mate- " Hallway boy cut her off.

" it's just Teo." He said.

" well, to your classmates it may be just Teo But as a staff member I will call you by your name. " She said.

" that's why I ain't ever come in here. " he rolled his eyes.

" Mateo. Where's your absence excuse. " The secretary asked.

" here. Now can I g- " He was cut off by a lady.

" Brenda! We need you in the meeting. " She said.

" darn. Okay, Mateo I'm gonna need you to take this young girl on a tour of the school. " The secretary said. He finally glanced over at me, acknowledging my presence.

" what? I ain't taking her no where! " He said.

" Teo I don't have time for this. Take her or get a detention after school for the next two weeks. "

" oh nah, never mind that. Lets go" He said.

Oh, great.