"It was impossible. I was too late to fix what was wrong, but I had you Rem you kept me alive and sane-"

"What is Subaru-kun talking about?" Rem pointed out her confusion causing Subaru to realizes he was talking too off topic. So instead of talking more of Rem he went right to his point.

Looking into Rem's blue eyes Subaru said in a whisper that seemed to echo throughout the house, "Ram is dead."

Rem let go of Subaru's hands and put hers to her chest. Rem backed away until she hit the kitchen counter behind her, "I-I don't believe you."

Subaru knew this day would come, but maybe this was better than Rem seeing it in person. Subaru went over to a drawer that was next to Rem. He was about to do something he was too cowardly to do in the previous loop. The drawer was large and required a key to open. Subaru pulled out the necessary key and pulled open the drawer.

Inside there was a box. It was the size of a bread box. It had a combination lock: 2241, their birthdays. Inside the box was a bundle of papers, yellowish with age. The words scattered across it in were in a specific order that meant this was a newspaper. Subaru unfolded the papers and read the the title of the front page:

Roswaal Estate Burned to the Ground, Suspected Witch Cultists Escaped!

To accompany the title, a picture of the mansion was shown as burning ashes that were still smoking.

Rem watched Subaru open the box and read the title, "What is it, Subaru-kun?"

Subaru looked at Rem with his bloodshot eyes and said the one word Rem didn't want to hear, "Proof."

Subaru handed Rem the paper, who took it immediately; she read the title, saw the picture, and read the article. The necklace Subaru bought Rem slipped from her hand and hit the ground with a loud THUD. Neither made any attempts to pick it up.

Finally, after 3 agonizing minutes Rem spoke, "Subaru says he wanted to see them again. You said you wanted to help them. Did you know this would happen?" Subaru saw Rem put down the paper, and empty look in her eyes that could either mean she wanted to die or it could also mean she was planning how to torture him. Subaru didn't like those options.

Subaru grinded his his teeth together before answering, "Yes."

"How? How did Subaru know?" Rem was now getting agitated, guess his answer didn't satisfy her not that that he expected it to.

Subaru wanted to tell her. But he physically couldn't. If he mentioned his ability to return by death or the death of people he saw from a previous loop, the witch would tease his heart making sure Subaru knew that if she wanted to pop it like a bubble she could and would.

"I can't tell you." His voice began to break.

"Why?!" Rem was getting louder. Her eyes were getting wet.

"I just....can't."

Rem was mad now tears falling from her eyes, "Why can't you! Why can't you just tell m-!"

Subaru finally had enough. He was going to get nowhere trying to hide that fact that he and Witch Had some sort of connection, "Because...every time I try to tell people I get hurt by the wi-." Once again a searing pain took hold of his heart. This time it was the worst one yet, the witch must be warning him that from now on the pain only gets worse.

Subaru dropped to his knees, clutching his chest. He began to have trouble breathing over the pain. Gasping for air Subaru decided to hit his chest repeatedly, possibly to get the witch to let go of his heart. Whether it was the hitting or not the witch eventually let go, granting Subaru a breath of fresh air.