Miniseries: In Which Thesus Is The Cause To Newt's Fear Of The Dark (Part 2)

Key:

PersonA (replace with your name if required)= Person in love with Credence

PersonB (replace with your name if required)= Person in love with Newt

Thingsare starting to get exciting, Dear Reader!

Thischapter is dedicatedto ,whomwas the winner of the competition held in my Newt Scamander book!

****

"Nowif my source is correct, whatawaits us beyond these doors will aid us in our search for (PersonA)."

Shehad never been fond of old, dilapidated buildings. There wassomething about the seemingly unsteady architecture that alwaysworried the young female. A worry that she had carried with herthroughout her somewhat short life. She was unsure about whether herconcerns stemmed from an incident where she had falling through thefloorboards as a child, or if she was just truly had an irrationalfear of creaky homes. Unfortunately, she had no choice but to followher eccentric mentor into the said building, for what lay insidewould be of most use to them.

Nowthe entrance itself was certainly peculiar. Instead of the hefty, oakdoor leading to a vestibule or hallway, it presented to the duo asmall landing- lit only by a small oil burning lamp- and a narrow setof descending stairs.

Personally,she was perplexed by the structure but continued to follow hertravelling companion who too, was unfamiliar with the edifice'slayout. "Watch your step now," he murmured to her over hisshoulder. "The stairs look very steep, so hold onto my arm and bevery careful." she could hear the anxiousness in his voice- faintbut unmistakable. He too was worried about walking down the roughcut stone steps.

Beyondthe dimly lit landing, darkness only lay ahead. Unbeknown to theyoung apprentice- whom had only worked with the male a short time buttrusted him inexplicably- Newt Scamander despised the dark and itwas for that particular reason that Lumos was his most belovedspell. It always cast away the pitch black which had haunted Newtsince the day Thesus had locked him inside their Mother's trunk, whenhe was merely but a tender five years old. "Lumos" he mutteredbut when his gnawed at wand failed to illuminate any sort ofcomforting brightness, he looked at the thin piece of wood indisbelief. His mentee too attempted the spell but once again, nothingmagical occurred.

"Theremust be prevention warding that is disallowing us from usinglight-casting spells" the jittery male muttered, fidgeting fromfoot to foot. He truly needed to reach the bottom of the stairs buthe was also tempted to leave the eerie building. Was venturing intothe unknown darkness really worth the rewards that lay before them?

"Oh...great."Andi commented. Sarcasm laced her voice, which in turn caused Newt toslightly smirk. He found comfort in his apprentice's mutualdispleasure. "Well, I guess we'll just have to continue on. Right,Mr Scamander?" she hoped that he would say 'no' and that, theywould turn on their heels and leave that unsettling place.

Althoughhe desperately wanted to flee in the opposite direction, the thirtyyear old male knew that, they needed to finish the journey that theyhad embarked upon. He reminded himself that a few stairs were nothingcompared to the fiery death caused by that of a disgruntled Chimera(who he had later christened, Phyllis.)

"Astempting as your offer sounds, I have a feeling that we may need tosee this adventure through to the very end."

"Becausewhat awaits us beyond these stairs will aid us in our search for(Person A)?" the brown-haired woman partially quoted Newt's ownprevious words back to him. Words that he was regretting everuttering out loud.

"Yes...quite."he replied dryly.

Asshe took his arm, the wiry wizard took a deep breath to steady hisnerves and with a meek smile, he led them both forwards and theyplunged into the darkness.

Thesuffocating gloom surrounded them- the light from the oil lamp wasbut a distant memory and the illusion of the slopping staircase onlya fleeting comfort, for what the duo experienced next was trulyterrifying beyond belief. Where there were supposed to be soils,granite steps beneath their feet, there was nothing. Before they evenhad time to scream, they were falling...