When He Dies

A/N: I was feeling angsty today. The next chapter will be nicer. Promise!

****

Sunlight streamed through the gap in the cream curtains, filling the room with pure, beautiful light.

You lazily rolled onto your side, finding yourself incredibly comfy in between the sheets, absolutely sure that you could sleep there forever if given the choice.

You breathed in deeply the heavenly scent on his pillow, shampoo and black pepper. Credence's scent. Mmm.

As you stretched out your arm- thinking that you could drape it around the male's waist- your arm connected with more sheets. Opening your heavy-lidded eyes, you found yourself alone in your shared bed. Where was he?

You slipped out of bed and stretched, assuming that he was in the kitchen, eating breakfast. With that thought in your mind, you wandered to the said room, imagining Credence's smile when greeted him sleepily.

When you opened the door to the cooking area, you frowned. Credence was nowhere to be found. You stepped over the threshold and glanced around the room. Everything was still in it's place, which was odd. He would have been up by now, where was he?

Something on the fridge caught your eye, it was the calendar. There was something written in red on it. You took a step closer, curious to know what it said. Carefully you read the scrawled handwriting, recognising it to be Queenie's. The message didn't make sense. It read:

'PICK UP CREDENCE'S ASHES TODAY. YOU NEED CLOSURE, HONEY, AND HE NEEDS TO COME HOME. LISTEN TO THE ADVICE YOUR DOC GAVE YOU.'

You were going to be sick.

It was all too real, you couldn't believe this was happening.

Running to the bathroom, you soon found yourself emptying bile into the toilet bowl.

Lifting you head once you were was done, you unsteadily stood up to wash you mouth out in the basin but as soon as you caught a glimpse of you tired, pale face in the mirror, which was mounted on the wall, all the memories came flooding back. As they did, you vomited.

Finally when you felt as if you had nothing left to heave, you began to attempt to stand up but your body had other plans.

Before you had even fully stood up, your knees gave way, which caused you to collapse to the ground and crack your head on the basin in mid-fall. You groaned as you hit the floor, head pounding.

He really was gone, you hadn't been dreaming. Three months since his death and still Queenie wrote reminders on the calender for you to pick up Credence's ashes.

Your beloved really was dead. He was never coming back.

How could you ever get closure after something so tragic had occured in you life?

Queenie was right though about one thing, it was about time Credence came home. It was about time he was back where he belonged, maybe this time he'd be safe in your apartment?

****

Two Days Later.

You had finally done it, dragged yourself to the funeral directors and retrieved what was left of the man you loved.

You were sat on the floor in the hallway, holding the urn, more tears free-falling.

You had your Credence back. You had your best friend back. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart." you whispered into the silence of the flat. "I'm so sorry for the pain you had to endure that day and I hope that you can forgive me for not getting to you sooner." as you attempted to wipe your tears, a sob escaped your lios. "I miss you. I miss you so, so much and I'd do anything to have you back in my arms. Anything. Oh, Credence. Why did you have to leave me so soon?