20 {} A Best Friends Jealousy

MAXON STOOD FEET AWAY FROM US WITH HIS ARM AROUND A GIRLS WAIST. The girl was smiling and she had her arms on his neck. The girl was about my age, with light brown hair and a light completion. They were inches apart and getting closer but Andrew walked in from the back doors, stopping abruptly after seeing Maxon and the mystery girl. " Daph? " Andrew said confused. The girls head snapped to Andrews direction and she immediately let go of Maxon embarrassed. " Andrew! How are you? " She asked him in a thick french accent before giving him a hug and he responded with a simple " Good, you? " " Great " She replied and she let go of him. As soon as she did, his eyes darted towards my direction and he immediately started walking towards me, dragging the girl with him. " Daph, this is Annabelle " He told her as he was in front of me. Her eyes widened and she gasped. She smiled warmly at me before hugging me tightly " It's so nice to meet you! We're going to be best friends, I know it! " She says and I hug her back awkwardly. " Same here? " I say confused and she lets go. " I didn't even introduce myself. Im Daphne " She said extending her hand and I shook it politely. " How do you know me? " I ask her and she immediately replies " Andrew talks about you a lot " She says and I blush. I turn around to find Trinity with Maxon. I could feel Daphne tense up beside me as she started to walk towards them. Andrew wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked towards them too. " Daphne, this is Trinity " Maxon said as he introduced Daphne to Trinity. Daphnes warm eyes soon turned cold as she hugged Maxon " So nice to meet you " She said through gritted teeth. " Same here " Trinity replied. " Gosse laid " Daphne muttered. My eyes widened. " Excusez moi? " Trinity said Angrily. " Oh si vous parlez français? Une autre chose à ajouter à la liste des raisons pour lesquelles vous êtes inutile. " Daphne snapped. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Daphne and Trinity were having a cat fight. " Je suis inutile? Peut être que vous devriez vérifier vous-même chienne! " Trinity snapped back and my eyes widened even more. By now, Daphne was ready to lunge at Trinity. " Bon, ça suffit. C'était vraiment agréable de vous rencontrer Daphné, espérons que nous pouvons parler à nouveau! " I say and Daphne looks at me " spère que je vous parle de nouveau, pas cette salope " She says as I drag Trinity away, letting go of Andrew. Daphne soon has a smug smile on her face as she cuddles next to Maxon. " You called her a brat? " I say and Trinity puts her hands on her hips. " She called me a child! And useless " She defends herself. " Maybe but that still doesn't give you the right to say that " I tell her and she slumps down on the floor. " I know.. It's just, seeing her with Maxon made me so.. so.. " " Jealous " I say and she looks down, embarrassed " Yes. I'm jealous " She admits and I sit next to her. " It's okay " I tell her and she stands up " And her were going to be best friends act. Ugh. I just want to snap that bitch in two pieces " She says and I chuckle " Trinity! " I say and she rolls her eyes " I know, mother " She says and I roll my eyes. " Come on. " I say and I stand up. " We need to go to the dining room " I say and she nods reluctantly. As we enter we find that just Maxon and Andrew were there. No daphne. Suddenly King Clarkson and Queen Amberly barged in through the doors, quickly sitting at the head of the table. We took our seats, I sat next to Andrew and Trinity sat next to me. Maxon looked at her his eyes say Is everything okay? Trinityjustglaredat him making him very confused. After about five minutes the girls started coming in... wearing either white or yellow. Which actually made me quite angry, again. America sat next to Maxon which if course made Trinity tense. After all the girls arrived, and all the glares were given, breakfast was served and me being me, I accidentally dropped my napkin on the floor. As I bent down to pick it up, I could see Maxon and America's hands enter whined together on his chair. I suddenly because very angry at him, he was going to play Trinity with two girls. Im going to talk to him later. I can't tell Trinity about this though. She will just get more angry. I sat up and glared at Maxon. After breakfast was done, Silvia held an extra long lesson in the woman's room so we could work on our projects. Me, Trinity, Lela and Stefanie all asked to go to the Library to do research. As we walked down the hall Stefanie started talking " I had my date with Maxon yesterday " She said and Trinity glared at her. " Oh really? What did you two do? " Trinity asked her sarcastically. " We went horse back riding and guess what? " Stefanie said in a high pitched voice. " What? " Trinity responded sarcastically, again. " We almost kissed? " She said and Trinity's eyes widened. I could tell that Trinity was in a very delicate stage right now, anymore news about Maxon and he would blow " You know what? Just leave. I don't want to hear you blabber on about something we don't are about so go. We don't want you. " Trinity said to Stefanie angrily. And she blew. " Fine. " Stefanie scoffed and stomped off in another direction muttering " Brat " Lela looked really scared t this point. " Im going to go after her.. " Lela said and quickly ran off. Trinity kept quiet the rest of the time and as soon as we reached the library I asked her " Are you okay? " She looked at the floor and nodded. I could tell she was confused, angry and sad. I mean, who wouldn't after seeing their supposed ' boyfriend ' with some other girl. She searched the library until the doors opened and footsteps came across us. " Lela? " I asked and looked up to find Lela panting. " I couldn't find Stefanie " She muttered before panting again and I patted her back, standing up. " She has to be here somewhere " I said and Trinity snapped towards us " Just leave her alone " Trinity said annoyed and looked away, searching for books. Lela quietly looked down and I stood up, a bit angry. Trinity was taking her anger out on the world and that wasn't okay. " Trinity, stop bottling your emotions " I say and her head darts towards my direction. " were here for you " I say and I nudge Lela. Trinity's cold, hard face soon turns normal then sad as she hugs me and cries into my shoulder " I just don't know what to do " She sobs and she places her head on my shoulder again. I pat her back soothingly, trying to calm her down. " Shhh. Its okay " I say softly and she calms down a bit. A knock on the library door alarms us " Annabelle? " Andrews voice booms and I let go of Trinity, handing her over to Lela " Yeah? " I say and he pulls me outside. " Would you like to go on a date with me? " He asks me and I look at him like what? " You know, a real date " He clears up and I nod. " I would love to " I say smiling and he smiles too. I open my mouth to say something but a blood piercing shriek and broken glass interrupts me, and a chill goes down my spine as I see a guy dressed in black paint an X with red paint on the castle walls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! Cliffhanger!! Sorry guys! Couldn't help myself... So what do you think is going to happen in this chapter? For those who don't know, Daphne is Maxons friend. She is the Princess of France and she has a huge crush on Maxon at the beginning of the selection but Maxon doesn't want her. After she he's mad at him and storms off. If you want to know more about her go on The Selection Wikipedia to find out more! The song for this chapter is Renegade by Paramore!! Go check it out! Link is on the side!! Comment below! Sorry this was late!! I'm updating in three day or so so byeee!! Love you guys! :)

xoxo maria