Ride Home

Chapter Two

In due time, Arcadia Bay had been submerged in hues of orange and scarlet sun rays, while scorched and baked chocolate brown leaves wafted across cobbled stone streets in the humid summer winds, as your cellphone chimed with an unfortunate and unlucky text message expressing sincere regret, because your friend and ride home had canceled due to a family emergency, but you couldn't blame them and opted to just instead walk home. "First, I should buy something cold to drink or eat," you muttered, while trudging lazily inside a convenience store and greeting the cashier, as she smiled and pointed towards the cold drinks and snacks area. "Thanks!"

In a few moments, Arcadia Bay had been plunged in faded shades of pink and purple, while the sun sank behind tall trees and mountains, as your Popsicle stick glistened and glimmered in the dim sunlight. However, the lampposts illuminated much of the picturesque and rustic town as well, because the streets and roads were bathed in circular patches of gold dots, but the different light sources made you feel safe and protected, so you cheerfully and joyfully trudged on in the direction of Blackwell Academy. "Hey, (Y/N)!" someone cried out, while annoyingly and repeatedly pressing down on their car horn to get your attention, as you stopped and turned around to glare at the person, bursting then into a smile once you had realized that the person was Nathan Prescott. "Why are you still standing there? Get in here already, (Y/N)."

In an instant, Nathan smirked and offered his hand out to you as any mild mannered gentleman would, while you quickly crimsoned and accepted his help, as you stepped inside the luxurious vehicle and sat down in the passenger seat with his help, not noticing that his mischievous smirk had widened into a grin. "How do you like the carriage, princess?" Nathan asked, while locking the doors and stealing your Popsicle stick, as you just giggled and turned around to put on the seat belt, inwardly trembling in anticipation underneath his mysterious and dark gaze. "Your face is so ... sweet."

Immediately, Nathan mischievously grinned and leaned in closer to you, while gently grasping and tilting your chin upwards, as his lips connected with yours and a camera flash illuminated the dim vehicle, making you feel frightened and push him away. After all, Nathan was a member of the Vortex Club and could just be behaving nicely to use that picture against you. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)! I guess I got carried away, huh? Anyway, I think we should get back to school before curfew," Nathan said, while turning up his music and attempting drown out the awkwardness, as you turned away from him and gazed out of the window. "You can trust me, (Y/N). I promise I won't do anything to hurt you."

In the distance, Blackwell Academy was glowing and gleaming underneath the thousand tiny stars speckling the dark azure skies, while the luxurious vehicle came to a stop, as the sounds of the engine died out and his fingers wrapped around your wrist. "Nathan, I do want to be your model. I just think we're going too fast. We should slow down. Don't you agree?" you said, while his eyebrows furrowed together in distress, as you released an exhausted sigh and opened the car door. "Thank you for taking me home."

Before leaving, Nathan had become whiny and yanked you into his arms, while nuzzling his face into your neck, as you simply hugged him in return and breathed in his cologne. "You can thank me by dropping out of Mr. Jefferson's photography class," Nathan said, while your (E/C) orbs flew open in surprise and shock, as his arms unraveled from around your waist, but you took the chance to back away and stare at him in a confused state. "He's dangerous and not right in the head."

__________

A/N: What do you think? Leave me your thoughts!