Chapter 17 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

“Remember how I was before, well Jasper is worse and he's like that all the time.”

I was standing in the corner of the cave, which was being lit with a single torch. It didn't seem like much, but it was enough to cast a slight glow all over the cave. I could see Jasper a few feet in front of me, he was pacing in circles like he was waiting for someone.

“Why are you doing this?”, I whispered. I knew he could hear me so I didn't yell, because I didn't want to anger him again.

“Because my dear brother is going to pay, that should be me taking the throne not him. He is nowhere near strong enough to lead our kind.”, he said in a bitter tone.

“He will make a great King, I believe in him.”, I replied.

“You know nothing your just a ploy to lure my dear brother here, so that we can finish this once and for all. Besides you know nothing of our kind, and you don't know anything about our history. So please, do tell me how you plan to rule our kind by his side. You don't even want to become a Vampire, so why should you become the Queen of our kind?!”, he shouted.

He started to walk closer to me and I could feel my heart begin to race, I knew I should keep my mouth shut but I couldn't help myself.

“I'm marrying your brother, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.”, I said out loud. I didn't yell or scream, but I spoke loud and clear.

“Don't push me. I could kill you so quick, you wouldn't even see it coming. I'm not going to do that though, not yet at least. I'll wait until your precious Casper tries to save you, and then I'll kill you. After you're dead, I'll kill him and get everything I've always wanted.”, he spat in my face.

Before I had a chance to say anything, I was thrown against the wall and pinned by my throat. Jasper's hand pushed hard, and I couldn't breathe. I felt as though I were going to pass out, but he released me before I did. He continued to keep a strong hold of my neck though, and brought his mouth down towards my neck.

“No please don't!”, I begged. I didn't want him to drink from me.

“I don't like beggars.”, he whispered.

Damn he sounded so much like Casper when he said that. What if he drinks from me and doesn't stop?

“As I said, I'm not going to kill you just yet, but I am a little thirsty.”

That's when he sank his fangs into my neck, I tried to move away but couldn't and the pain was unbearable. The more I tried to move, the worse it felt. I could feel my skin ripping, and I tried to fight the pain as much as possible. In the end the pain won and I passed out.

CASPER PLEASE HELP ME!”, I screamed. It was like the same dream I had a while back, but this time I was in a cave not a forest.

He can't hear you, he's not here.”, said the voice that was hiding in the shadows.

I knew who it was instantly, he said he'd come back for me and he has! Why is he doing this to me? Why me? Was all this because of Casper? All because Jasper wants the throne? Why am I thinking of all these questions, I know the answers already.

It was because I was human and marrying the Vampire Prince, soon to be King. It was mostly because Jasper thought he should be the King instead of Casper.

I couldn't help but think that I didn't really want Casper to come to my rescue. I don't want him to die because he tries to save me, I'd rather die than see him get hurt. “Please don't come Casper, please don't rescue me.”, I thought.