Chapter 15 (Edited)

Chapter 15

I couldn't believe it Casper's father was gone and he didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. It's been a week since we arrived here, although it doesn't seem like it. Today the former King's ashes were released by a small pond on the palace grounds, where he spent the majority of his time right before he died.

Casper wasn't his usual self lately, he reminded me of the once scary him I knew. I didn't want to see him like that again, so I tried to keep my distance. When I wasn't with Sapphire I was in the room I was given when we arrived.

There was talk all over court about the big wedding that was going to happen within a few weeks.

“I should have told him that I loved him.”, I thought to myself. Instead stupid me had only said I like you, hopefully he knows that I truly do love him. I want to be with him, because I really do love him with all my heart, and it will be devastating to see him with someone else.

If he does marry someone else what will that mean for me, I mean my family and friends all think I'm dead. I saw on the news that they found a lot of my blood, hair and torn clothing. They think I was attacked by a bear and tried to hide in the cabin. The police are still searching for my body, but they told my parents to expect the worst.

Casper was still trying to figure out how and why his father died, and from what I've heard Casper thinks he was poisoned. So he has been searching the house to figure out what could possibly have caused all of this, but for the past week he keeps coming up with nothing. He is stumped and has no leads, and it's pissing him off.

I got tired of just sitting in my room, so I decided to go for a walk. I had a ton of places I could explore, but Casper requested that I stay with Sapphire. That was perfectly fine by me, but I hadn't seen her all morning. So I opened the door and walked to my left, because I knew that was the way to the main entrance.

As I reached the entrance and was walking out the doors, the guards were looking at me funny. By the time I had reached the gates, I heard Casper from behind me say,

“Where do you think your going?”

“I want to go for a walk and I don't know where Sapphire is, and I was bored since you've been so busy lately. I got sick of staying in my room, so I thought I'd come outside for some fresh air.”, I rushed out.

“Where would you like to go?”, he asked.

“Anywhere other than inside the palace, I just want to explore”, I replied.

“Okay, I know of a place. Come.”, he said and I followed him to the garage.

“Where are we going?”, I asked a little curious.

“To a place my father used to take me.”, he said.

The drive was peaceful and didn't take very long, maybe around twenty minutes. I was too busy looking at all the beautiful buildings, and the landscape. I was so mesmerized that I didn't realize Casper had been speaking to me.

“It's just around the corner.”, I finally heard him say.

“It's so beautiful here, I wish I had come to London under better circumstances.”, I said.

He didn't say anything so I kept my mouth shut, until he mentioned that we had arrived. He stopped the car and we both got out. We were at some sort of lake, and it was breathtakingly beautiful.

“This is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.”, I said in awe.

“It is really beautiful here, but I can think of something even more beautiful.”, he said looking directly at me.