Chapter 6 ~ I've Waited So Long

Start from the beginning

"So, does that mean yes?" He asked nervously.

"I hate myself, for loving you."

"What?"

"I-I can't bring myself to answer this question."

"So your rejecting me?"

"I don't even know!" I said nervously. I just remembered, earlier Max asked me to stay a little longer, once we kissed, he didn't bother stopping me to leave. He also called me Fall, he knows I literally hate that. Not as a joke. Was he just using me?

"You know what, Harvey, I don't think I can, but how about friends with benefits? Look, you deserve a chance and I honestly don't think that we're close enough, remember, it was only 2 months ago when we wanted to kill each other so..." I trailed off giggling.

He just looked at me, then down.

"I can't believe you sometimes! Is it because of Max? Did he ask you out earlier?!"

"This has nothing to do with Max, I just don't think I'm ready for a relationship." I lied. This has everything to do with Max. I feel like he's still hiding something.

"I hate you." Harvey muttered.

"Would you look at that! We're back to the start!"

"It seems so." He agreed.

"Oh and Harvey, don't wonder why I said no because you now know exactly what I'm talking about, plus, there are so many girls drooling over you two!" I said stomping out.

A few hours later, I came back to my house and my mum was there with a sad face.

"Mum? What's wrong? Is it something with dad again?"

"Uh-We've been having some difficulties with payments and bills. I'm going on a trip to get extra money so you'll have to stay with the Mills. I'm not sure how long though."

"Aww mum, its fine. I'll start packing for tonight. I'm leaving tonight right?"

"Yes, I'm sorry."

"Like I said, it's fine, really." I said hopping up each step of the stairs.

"I can't believe this is happening! Especially everything that's been going on! With Harvey actually..."

"Hey...What happened with Harvey today?" My mum asked, peeping into my room.

"Erm, how'd you know?"

"He asked for my permission. Omg, did he get you that adorable bracelet?!" I mum asked excitedly.

"Uh-Actually yeah. I told him we aren't close enough though, I also offered to be friends with benefits but he kind of got mad."

"He's really sweet. I know you two haven't had the best history but his mum and I would always talk about you to and some things about Max and you. He's always wanted to be friends with you but...he's different." My mum explains.

"I'm all packed mum." I said hugging her,"Love you, bye." I said running out the door.

I just walked in the Mills house casually and I spotted Harvey. He ran back upstairs when he made eye contact with me.

"Harvey! Harvey! Please open up...please?"

"Why should I!?"

"Because...you mean something to me..." I said whispering the last part.

"Your useless to me."

"Harvey, both you and I know that's not true."

"And?" He asked sarcastically.

I could feel someone hug me from behind. It was Max.

"Hey Maxi-Sorry."

"It's okay beautiful." He said smiling. I smiled back until he smashed his lips against mine. I didn't like this anymore. I sort of nudged him off.

"Max, I'm not that comfortable with you...you know."

"Why? I know you liked me, all those years." He said perking my chin up.

"That's when we were close."

"Are you saying that were not close now?!"

"Sorta...You really did hurt me Max."

"I've given you what you've wanted this whole time, you wanted to be with me. I was giving you a chance!"

Max and I never fought like this...

"So, your saying that I'm so lucky to get a chance with my best friend?! Wow Max, thanks. I wonder how many relationships you had when I was gone!" I yelled crying.

One question: How did Mrs. Mills not hear us?! Like cmon, mother skills?

I could hear there door creek open, I guess Harvey heard the whole thing.

"Got something to say?! I never should've came back! You both haven't changed one bit! Especially you Harvey, I-I loved you. Notice the past tense?! Goodnight!" I said slamming door to my room which is their guest room.

This keeps getting worse and worse. Max and I were friends and Harvey was a bitch to me but...I just can't understand all of this!

I really need to get some rest...

Hey UniKitties, Tell me some feed on the  story!

Love ❤️ and Rainbows 🌈

~ Alexis