nineteen.

alex felt something click in him one night, the night of may 12th, as he was sitting at the dinner table with his father. they didn't speak much, the older male eating, alex shoving the food around on his plate. he realized that no one really paid attention to him. his own exes weren't even aware of the thing that he thought was so obvious, and they only knew because they didn't really know how to keep their mouths shut.

at least, justin didn't.

he knew justin just wanted to help him, and he admired his concern. no one had ever been concerned about him before. but the way he did it just didn't sit right with alex. he wanted it to, so badly. he wanted to pick up his phone and call him and apologize for being so selfish and unaware of the truth behind justin's words, but he couldn't.

it occurred to him after dinner, what he would do. he was going to apologize to justin. he was going to tell him that he loved him and cared for him and that he, too, was worried about him, more specifically the life he now continued at his own home. he was going to apologize to jessica, too. maybe even to monty, for provoking the taller boy into fighting him and still blaming him for its cause. for the first time in a while, alex felt a pang of happiness in his chest, as he was finally certain that he could fix things not just for himself, but for everyone.

MESSAGES / MAY 12, 2017
alex  10:32pm
hey. before i start, i'm sorry it took me so long to grasp this, the thing you did for me by telling jessica. it took me too long to realize that your intentions are good and always have been. it's my fault that we broke up. or didn't. whatever you call this. i do forgive you. i have for a while. i just couldn't get myself to admit that. you are an angel amongst men these days, and i'm positive you always will be. any person would be so lucky to have you. hannah was. jessica was. i was. i am. i love you, foley. don't fuck up any more with anything, okay? give me more reasons to be proud that i can call you my boyfriend.

MESSAGES / MAY 12, 2017
alex  10:49pm
i've messed up countless times with so many things involving you. there's so much i could apologize for. i'm sorry i never told you what my stomach thing really was. i'm sorry that so many times i made you out to be a bad guy to people for our breakup, when i was the shit person who caused it. you're amazing. you deserve so much happiness that i know and hope you finally get. any person lucky enough to say they're dating jessica davis or that they're marrid to jessica davis better treat you like the queen you are.

MESSAGES.
alex  10:54pm draft
hey, sorry for making you beat my face in and then blaming the whole fight on you for a while. i know it's my fault now. it was just a rough time for me, i guess.

nevermind. he realized that montgomery de la cruz didn't deserve his apology.

-
heyo kiddos i'm already writing the last chapter as we speak & it's gonna be super pretty long bc i want it to kind of close the book ig?? i don't want to leave a lot of possibilities and questions bc i hate hate hate when that happens to me so !!
pls don't unstan me for things u may read