nine.

justin didn't come over for a long while after that, and alex didn't expect him to.

INSTAGRAM.

68 likes               5 commentsjustinfoley my maannnsszachdeepsea when was thismontydelacruz what a way to get over an exjustinfoley @ montydelacruz not an exzachdeepsea oh shitjessdavis not an ex

justinfoley my maannnss
zachdeepsea when was this
montydelacruz what a way to get over an ex
justinfoley @ montydelacruz not an ex
zachdeepsea oh shit
jessdavis not an ex.

MESSAGES.
alex  6:29pm
congrats

alex  6:30pm
let's see how long it takes you to fuck this up this time

justin  6:31pm
fuck you.

alex  6:33pm
you wanted to, didn't you?

he hadn't done this in a long time. gun between his fingers, the cool metal almost a relief compared to the heat risen to his skin out of anger. it wasn't loaded. not this time.

still, he clicked the chamber into place, just to see how it would feel. if there was a bullet in it, when he pulled the trigger, he could end a life. whether it be a specific step on the stairs he was sitting on's life, the carpet, his own, someone else's- not even he knew.

his dad was out late, and his mom would be out even later. it was just him. him and his thoughts. leaving someone with themselves has consequences, and alex's were undetermined then.

the front door slams open. rushed footsteps toward the staircase.

it's justin. he looks ready to storm up them, and he's ranting as he gets closer. "listen, standall, if you have a fucking issue with my relationship status, keep it-" he stops so quickly that he nearly falls back.

alex forgot that he had been holding the empty gun to his head.

"alex?"