Chapter 7

Jordan's POV

"So, You and Katy huh?" Adam said nudging me.

"Yeah, totally," I mocked.

"What about Jason and Ally? I saw you eyeing her up Jason." Adam said laughing.

"I wasn't eyeing her up, I was looking at her...cause she's quite pretty" he said quietly.

"Aww, Jason's got a crush," Adam sang.

"Leave him alone Adam, just cause you like Anna," I laughed.

"I do not!" he said appalled,"She is nice, that's it! I don't like her, sure she's pretty and had an amazing smile and personality but that doesn't mean..." he trailed off realizing what he had just admitted to.

"Knew it," Jason said snapping his fingers.

Katy's POV

I was almost home, about five minutes away. As we slowly pulled into my large driveway, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach.

"Here we are," Ally said," give is a call soon."

"I don't have a phone, the muggers took that," I explained.

In the car ride I had told them what happened to me and how Jordan found me.

"Oh okay well I'll email you," She said.

I stepped out the car and walked to my front porch.

"Take care honey and we'll see you soon," Mrs R said.

I waved them goodbye and rang my doorbell.

I could feel myself trembling as I heard heavy footsteps approaching. The door swung open and there stood my mom.

"Where have you been?" she asked, scrutinizing me.

"In hospital, I...I got jumped on m...My way back from ally and...and Anna's," I said shaking.

"Get in, now," she said, still calm but as i stepped in front of her, I could feel her glare burning through the back of my head.

"Sit down," she growled.

I did as she had said and sat on the sofa.

"Cameron, your daughter is home," she shouted and smirked at me.

I heard my father's footsteps pounding down the staircase. He was mad. He reached the bottom and looked at me with hateful eyes.

"Why weren't you home," he shouted.

"I was...I was in hospital," I said quietly.

"Why didn't you tell us," he shouted louder.

I was starting to lose my patience now.

"Because the men who mugged me, took my mobile," I said a bit louder.

"You could of got Mrs Robertson to phone us!"

That is it! That's it! I'm done!

"I didn't phone you Because I know you don't care! You don't care about me and you never have! You would of loved it if I had died there! I'd rather live on the streets than live here constantly being beaten by my own parents who should love me!" I screamed.

My dad's face turned red and so did my mom's.

"Come here now," my dad said gritting his teeth.

I looked at him.

It's now or never Katy. Do it. Stand up to him.

"No," I said quietly.

"What?"

"I said no." I said looking him in the eye.

"That's it," he said rushing towards me," you're gonna get it!"

I dashed to the front door and tried to open it but it was locked. He grabbed my arm but I wiggled free from his grasp. I quickly ran up the stairs and into my mom and dad's bedroom and locked the door behind me.

"Get out here now Katy Silverstone!"

"Leave her Cameron, she can't stay in there forever," my mom said laughing.

I heard a loud smash before their footsteps faded and I knew they were gone by the sound of the front door closing.

Did they leave?

I looked out the window and sure enough, the car was gone. Luckily mine was still there. I, still shaking, peered through the slightly opened door and saw that no-one was there. I was alone.

What should I do? I can't stay here and wait for them to come get me.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I looked down to see a previous cut from a fight with them, had opened when my dad had grabbed me. I walked to my room and got my medical box from under bed.

(It's gotten so bad over the past year I've had to buy medical gear, like band aids and gauze)

I wrapped my arm in the gauze and pulled on my jumper. I looked about my room and my eyes came across a picture with my mom, dad and me, on the beach when I was five. It was shattered into pieces. Glass covered the floor beside it. I looked round my room again when my eyes rested on my travel bag.

Do it Katy. It'll only get worse and you'll be the victim.

"I've got no money! Where can I go though?" I asked my conscience.

There was no answer.

Suddenly I remembered I had been saving up money to get my own place. It was under my mattress. I walked towards it and lifted my mattress to find it was gone. There was a note.

"Thought it was safe here? You're wrong. I've taken it and you'll have to earn it back. Expect a lot of chores, Dad."

I screamed in frustration. I checked my drawers for money and my jewelry box and everywhere else but I couldn't find any!

Your mom has money, go get it Katy.

I dashed into my mom's room and looked through her drawers until i found her purse. I opened it and found fifties and hundreds and more fifties! I packed my travel bag with clothes, laptop, headphones, and everything else i was gonna need.

I walked down the stairs and to the front door.

This is it. My new life.

I slammed the front door and walked down the steps. As I was walking I turned to look one last time at the place I had lived all my life. Most people would be sad, but i couldn't of been happier. I jumped in my car and sped off, happy i would never see them again.

Good Riddance!

Dun, dun, dun! Hope you are liking it my little G's and I'll see y'all on the next page! =)