Chapter 4 - Telescope

Both pulled away panting. It's been such a long time since they were this close to each other. Hojung's been waiting for this for a long time. She wanted to go all the way but Mino went back to cleaning his work area.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

Mino muttered few things before arranging everything in place. He has places for everything, no wonder the place is too tidy.

Hojung haven't seen any guy this tidy before. There's only two things to choose from, he's raised to make sure to put things in place, after use or he has serious OCD.

"Song Mino face me! Kissing me one second ago and ignoring me on the next is not a normal thing a person would do." she said, turning him to face her. Finally, she met his eyes again.

Mino sniffed calmly, removing his gloves, throwing it on the trash bin without saying anything. It's making Hojung really upset and impatient. How can he take things lightly when she's going crazy inside.

Can't he feel it too?

"Mino! Look at me when I'm talking to you!" she yelled at him, finally getting his attention.

Or not.

He lost eye contact, looking down on the ground.

"Yah! Song Mino!" she yelled but he covered his ears with both hands before yelling at her.

"Stop it! You're too loud!"

...

(Flashback)

It was night time, 10PM to be exact. That's how his father always come home at night. They assume he's already asleep, but how would you expect someone to sleep peacefully when there's loud noises outside.

"Song Jongki! Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Mino heard his mother yelling once again. His father was always calm when it comes to this. He would never yell back at his dear wife.

Because neighbors must not know that he's doing wrong. Not that their apartment wasn't sound proof, but just in case a window is open.

Before his wife can even calm down, he grabbed her hair, dragging her towards the bedroom, slamming her on the bed. There's nothing she can do besides yell for help.

But who would rescue her? All think she's crazy, they all think she's taking drugs. A drug addict.

A useless mother who stays in the house doing drugs, and being a terrible mother to her only child. At least that's how the story was spreading.

"If you don't shut up, I'll fucking kick you and may God bless you because you'll be spitting blood after this." he said before kicking her on the guts.

She coughed while crying.

Yelping at every hit, Mino got out of bed. It's always been like this but how can a child know what's right and wrong? And also how to fight back, he's 3 years old.

He stood behind their door, watching his father beat the life out of his mother until she passed out. And finally, there's no more noise.

That's how it always ends.

Every night, as soon as they started yelling, Mino couldn't wait till his father starts kicking his mother and finally have a peaceful night.

That's when he walked inside his room to finally get some rest, because tomorrow, he'll be sent to the daycare to play with other kids.

(End of Flashback)