Chapter Sixteen

After an hour or so I just decide to see him, I know where he lives, I haven't been but he should be there.

I get in my car and drive. I just want to get this over with. I have to talk to him and I might as well face it sooner rather than later.

I knock on his door and I hear shuffling. I hear locks and then his door slowly opens.

"A?" he asks. I give him a small smile.

"Hey, I came to castrate you." I say. He laughs and opens the door. I walk in and my jaw drops. His apartment is amazing, why on earth would he want to stay at mine?

We sit on the sofa.

"You look like crap." I say and he smiles.

"So do you." He says. I nod.

"Feel it." I say. He slowly nods and he rubs his face.

"Dani fell through one of her windows, told me what happened in the back of my ambulance." I say and Alex nods.

"What did she say?" he asks.

"You fired her. You love me, she kissed you but you didn't want to kiss back." I say.

"Well, she told the truth for once." He says. "I don't want to blame it all on her, but it's true." He adds.

"Ok, but I swear next time I don't fucking trust someone you trust me." I say. He laughs and nods.

"Promise." He says. I stand up.

"Now. I have one condition." I say.

"What?" Alex asks and he stands up.

"I need to sleep." I say. Alex smiles and leads me to his bedroom. I strip to my underwear and climb into the clean soft sheets. I moan and instantly sleep with Alex close to me.

Sleeping is amazing. It's insane how much I needed it. I managed to sleep at Em's but this is proper sleep. It's bliss.

I wake up a couple hours later and stretch, I needed that so bad. I smile and sit up.

"So, what happened?" Alex asks from next to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"When you came in you said 'guess what happened' I never found out." Alex says. I smile.

"Well I was in town shopping then someone collapsed. I dropped everything, his vitals were gone and I saved him. Because I dropped my things some people stole them so the man's girlfriend snuck some money in my bag so I just gave it to charity." I say. Alex smiles proudly and runs his hand through my hair.

"Sounds like you." He says and kisses my temple. I smile and rest my head on his chest. "I'm taking you shopping." Alex says.

"No you're not. I'm fine." I say and close my eyes.

"I want to take you shopping." Alex says.

"I'm not spending your money." I say.

"A, I run a business that gives me more money than I know what to do with. I honestly don't care." Alex says. I sit up.

"If you don't care then you won't mind not taking me." I say as I stand up. "I'm just going to use your shower." I say and stretch again. "Anyway every time I go out I end up having to save someone's life or something." I say and Alex smiles. I get in his shower and wash the tiredness away.

I smell Alex's body wash stuff and I smile. I've missed him so much. It's honestly scary.

I wrap myself in a towel and Alex gives me a mug of coffee. I smile and sip it.

"I'm taking you shopping." He says. "And you don't have the choice." He adds. I roll my eyes and smile.

I get dressed into the clothes I came with and Alex takes me to his car.

"Oh my god. Your car is amazing." I say as I awe over it. It's shiny black with a beige leather interior. My car is nice, just not as nice.

"Thanks." He says and smiles. I get in the passenger side and Alex starts driving.

"I bet you anything I will have to help someone." I say as we drive into town.

"No you won't." Alex says.

"Yes I will, I bet you anything." I say.

"Ok, whoever loses pays for our next date?" He suggests.

"Deal." I say and we shake hands.

Walking around town is nice, hand in hand with Alex is nice in general. In every other shop I do a mini fashion show and it's quite funny.

Alex tends to pay for things while I'm getting dressed, I hate it, and he doesn't have to pay. It does make him happy though, so I don't mind terribly.

After an hour we start walking back to the car.

"Told you so, you wouldn't have to intervene." He says.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I say. Alex kisses my temple and then there is a loud crash. I look at Alex and smile.

"Spoke to soon lover boy." I say and turn around. A waiter is on the floor. I run over.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He is diabetic, he just collapsed." The manager says. I nod and check him over.

"His heart has stopped but he is going to be fine. What's his name?" I ask as I start pumping his chest.

"Andy." The manager says as she is on the phone I nod.

"Andy, you're going to be fine." I say and I hear sirens in the distance. The man starts coughing and I lay him on his side. "Andy, can you hear me?" I ask. He nods. "You're going to be fine." I say and the paramedics take over.

I walk back over to Alex and he kisses me.

"I am always right." I say proudly. Alex smiles proudly and kisses my forehead.

"Hmmm, I know." He says. I flip my hair and we go back to the car.

"I love you." Alex says.

"Who wouldn't?" I ask and Alex laughs. "I love you too." I add and he kisses me.

"Who wouldn't?" He asks. I laugh and we go back to his.