Chapter 8 (Edited and Finished)

Start from the beginning

Brad sighed. "I just don't know anymore." He reached for the remote to the television and turned it on. He then tossed the remote to the coffee table and leaned back against the couch. The show that was on was droning randomly. No one really seemed to be paying attention as the room went quiet. Suddenly a flash came across the screen. "Breaking News for Mystic Island." the reported stated as she appeared on the screen. Brad leaned forward and grabbed the remote and turned up the volume as he became very interested in the news report.  Faith walked over and sat on the arm of the chair next to Ethan. Drew came into the living room so that he too could see what the report was all about. Alexis went into the bedroom with Lynn and turned on the television for her so she too could see what was going on. Alexis sat on the edge of the bed and the whole cottage was silent as they watched the reporter waiting to hear what she had to say.

The reporter waited a moment as she seemed to be waiting for her cue to dig deep into the story. Finally she gave the camera a smile and then a serious face. "There has been an arrest in the investigation of Kyle Reed's death this afternoon. His Mother Kate Reed called 9-1-1 this early afternoon claiming that she had seen her son alive and well looking through the windows at her house. Knowing that Kyle was indeed dead she realised that it was in fact her son Kyle's twin brother Nate Reed. Nate was in foster care ever since he was a young boy. In recent events that have unfolded Nate made it back here to Mystic Island. He is labelled with anger issues, Bipolar, and Schizophrenia. He is very dangerous to himself and others. While Police officers were in route Nate Reed entered his mother’s house and held a knife to her throat, stating that he killed his brother and wanted his mother and himself to join him. Officers arrived just in time. They have taken Nate into custody and he was taken to Mystic Police Station awaiting trial. We will have more on this story as soon as we have an update. Now we return you to your regularly scheduled program."

Brad sat back with a huge sigh. He then muted the television as the show that was on before the broadcast returned and blasted through the speakers loudly. "Wow, they got him." Brad said as he glanced at Ethan and Faith. "Thankfully" Faith said as she too seemed to relax a bit. "It didn't take them too long." Ethan said. Drew nodded.

"I'm so glad that is done and out of the way." Brad shook his head.

"These last few days since you guys have arrived has been crazy. The Island has never been like this, if it’s not one thing it’s another lately." Alexis gave Lynn a big hug after turning off the television in her room. She could see that it helped Lynn be able to relax as well and she finally let the tired look in her eyes consume her and decided to take a much needed nap. As Alexis emerged from the room she woke up in reply to what Brad had said. "I'm sorry, seems like the storm brought not only us to the Island but also bad luck."

Ethan looked up. "Don't be silly Lexi, that’s not what Brad meant at all. Yeah there has been a whole lot going on in the last three days, but it’s nothing that you and Drew did." she seemed unconvinced but nodded anyways. Brad glanced up at her. "How is Lynn?" he asked. "Much better now that she knows that Nate is behind bars. She decided to finally take a nap." she replied.

Brad smiled. "Good." she needs her rest. Drew glared at Brad and then at Lexi but didn't say anything other than he needed some air. After he unlocked the door and walked outside, Lexi stared after him wondering if she should follow. "I don't get him lately." she said.

"I get him totally Lexi, he has feelings for Lynn." Brad said.

Lexi looked at him. "What...?" she said her feelings being hurt showed in her voice. "When I came upon them yesterday Drew was holding Lynn close to him, comforting her, and I'm sure that the feelings were mutual just by the way they were acting. I just have not approached Lynn with it yet."

Alexis nodded and swallowed hard before she walked outside. Closing the door behind her she glared at Drew. "So that’s why huh?"

Drew glanced at her. "Why what?" she was trembling and refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing her hurt. "Why you have been ignoring me, why you don't care anymore, why you stopped loving me." She was forcing her words letting the anger overtake her emotions.

He just looked at her. "I have no idea what you’re talking about Lex." he said.

"Admit it already Drew, we are not stupid. I see the way you look at her, the way you pay attention to her, and Brad told me what he saw when he approached the two of you yesterday. You have feelings for Lynn, Don't you?!"

Drew glared at her and angry expression in his eyes. "It's none of your business Lexi."

she was taken back. "What do you mean none of my business Drew? What is going on with you? It does not bother you that you’re hurting me? It does not matter to you that I love you? Where is the Drew that was with me on the boat? Or the Drew that lay beside me in the tent on the beach and told me he loved me?"

Drew refused to look at her though she was staring a hole right through him basically. "I just don't know anymore Lex. I can't help my feelings."

Brad had eased the window open and eaves dropped on the conversation from inside the house. He could feel his anger building as he continued to listen. "I'll be honest with you Alexis. Every since we landed here on this Island and I first lay eyes on Lynn I don't know what came over me, but I have desired her. I can't stop thinking about her. And with that not being fair to you I have distanced myself from you. And after sharing a kiss with her, I know where my feelings like. I'm sorry Alexis but I'm in love with Lynn." Alexis stepped back unable to fight the tears any longer as they rushed down her cheeks she tried to hold back but soon began to sob as she pushed past him and took off at a face paced walk. She wanted to go anyplace. Be anywhere but with him.