Burn

It had been a crazy year but it was just about to get worse..
Animals were fleeing past our dens from 'something' the noises the animals made showed how terrified they were.

Then I saw a glow in the sky, a bloody, harsh glow.It wasn't long before I knew what had happened..

I woke Oscar and Hanley up without hesitation.The two brothers sat And confused wondered why I was so scared but I didn't have time to tell them, I told them to run, run as far as they could away from the forest.

It hurt.
To let them go..
But it would of hurt more.
To let them die..

The fire ran towards the dens like a tsunami. I was terrified the only escape had risen up with flames.

But it was worth a shot.

One by one the foxes leaped over the burning log. I was last and they was when the flame was at its highest..
It felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly in the chest by the  sharp flames..

My skin was bear. The other foxes offered to help.. But I was stupid and turned down the offer..

I lay by the river that night.
Only thinking about Oscar and Hanley, my sons, I would of died in that fire just to know that they were safe..

Before long I'm on my side,stretched out, legs stiff.
My eyes bulging and my heart heavy.

I hear a rustle in the bushes,But I dont flinch this time, I couldn't, ...because i knew i would of died either way.

Hanley:MOTHER!!

Oscar:What!? How, are you ok!?

Mother:*wheezing* I dont know boys..That fire really did a number on me *giggles*

Oscar: oh mother *tears up*

Hanley:Please mum, stay strong we need you, we love you

she looked at the two wolves in silence and said "my two big brave heros.." Her eyes slowly shut, her breathing had come to a stop.

Oscar and Hanley stayed there that night crying and howling for their mothers death. They couldn't believe it.
under neath the sorrow, and the tears, they had a roaring anger in then both and they wouldn't stop until they found what had started the fire..