Eric Singer x Dani: "Wait, does that make this a date?"

It has been awhile since i saw my best friend, Eric. We have known each other for years and there isn't a day that i can't stop thinking about him. That's because i am secretly in love with Eric. He doesn't know that, but i think that i am stuck in the Friend-zone. I decided to pick up my phone and called Eric. "Hey Eric, it's me. I was wondering if you wanted to go for a picnic with me today." I asked him when he answered the phone. "Hey, Danielle. Yeah that's fine for me. One o'clock in the park?" He asked. "See you there." I said and hung up. There was it again, ever since we've been hanging out, he started to call me Danielle or other pet names. It was so obvious that he didn't liked me back, but Paul and Gene told me that i didn't have to fear. That's easy for them, they are both married and have children. I want that too with Eric. But if only he knew that i loved him. I made some sandwiches and placed some wine in the basket along with 2 glasses. When it was almost time to go, i grabbed the basket, my keys and jacket. I walked out of my house and walked to the park. I saw that Eric was already waiting for me. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around him. "I missed you so much." I said. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me too. "I missed you to, Danielle." He said and i cringed a little.  Why did he have to call me Danielle? From all  the years that we have known each other, he never called me Danielle, only Dani. It was killing me when he did that. We walked to a nice spot and placed everything on the blanket that Eric laid out. We sat down and i opened the basket. "I have some sandwiches, wine ad strawberries." I said and he smiled. We started to talk and eat. He explained to me that he would tour with KISS soon. I was listening to him about what he was doing in his life. "What are you doing at the moment Danielle?" He asked me. "Well i am working in a record store and i really love it." I told him and he smiled. We continued to talk, until it was starting to get colder and darker. "Let's go to a restaurant." Eric said and i stood up. We walked to the closest restaurant. We sat down at the table and we ordered our food. We were waiting, so we started to tell jokes. We were lauging and our food arrived. "Can we change the subject for a moment?" I asked while eating.  Eric nodded and i started to get nervous. "I have something that i have to tell you. I really like you from the moment that we met." I said and it felt like a weight falling from my shoulder. "I feel the same way Dani, i love you ever since we met." He said and i smiled. "Wait does that make this a date?" I asked and he smiled. "Only if you want this to be a date." He said and i looked at him. "Yes i want this to be a date." I spoke as i finished my meal. Later we walked out the restaurant and he walked me home. "It was a fun day and thank you for the date." I said as we arrived at my house. "It's my pleasure. I want to do it a second time." He said and i smiled. "Me too. I better get inside, i have to work tomorrow." I said and he smiled. Suddenly, he did something that i always wanted him to do. He kissed me, not on my cheek, but on my lips. He pulled away and waved before walking away. When he was out of sight i jumped up and down and screamed quitly. I went inside and went to sleep. I dreamed about Eric and when we would go on a second date.

--------------------------------------------

This was requested by CynderShadow . Thank you for requesting this and i hope it is worth the waiting.