Chapter 20

*Edited*

I knew my the first day back wasn't going to be easy but I never expected the constant derogatory words thrown my way. 

"Hey Scarlett, found any other teachers yet? I know how much you enjoy that." A group of girls snickered as they passed by me. I clutched onto my books even tighter as I made my way to my locker. 

I didn't even want to come today but Christy wouldn't listen. She didn't care. 

But it's not like I expected her to anyway, I knew what I was getting myself into.

 The bell rang as I slid next to Tyler, "Scarlett, I am really so--"

"Are you really? You don't seem like it. So just save it." I hissed, "You don't know what I am having to go through because you can't shut you big mouth. This is all your fault."

"Mine?" Tyler was taken back. 

Mr. Donivan walked to the front of the room before Tyler could continue, "Welcome class. I am afraid you have to settle with me. Mr. Horan is no longer with us in light of recent events, but we will continue on with our lessons as usual." 

"Yeah, because he was banging Scarlett!" A kid called from the back. I closed my eyes, don't cry. This will eventually pass.

"Do everyone a favor and shut your damn mouth!" Tracey yelled.

"Tracey, come on. Don't act like your best friend isn't a whore. You should be glad she's taking the attention off of you." 

"Kody, shut the hell up, if you know what's good for you." Tyler said. He was actually standing up for me, but why?

"Boys," Mr. Donivon warned.

"Are you serious, Charleston?" He laughed, "You're the one who turned her in. Was it because she didn't want you anymore? She'd rather have an older guy inside of her." Kody teased. Tyler clenched his fist.

 "Tyler, just don't." I whispered. 

He looked at me, "Kody, don't you dare talk about her like that. I swear to God, if I have to tell you one more time to shut your fucking mouth, I'll come back there and do it for you." He yelled. 

"Hey, watch your mouth, boy." Mr. Donivon snarled.

"Come on pretty boy, let's see you do it. I have had it with your shit." Tyler's jaw set.

"Mr. Charleston, stop."

Tyler put his palms on the table and stood up and walked over to Kody who continued to sit at the table. He smirked, "Well, if it isn't her little bitch to stand up for her." He looked at me, "If you are still wanting to bang someone, call me."

In a split second, Tyler grabbed Kody's head and slammed it into the table. Mr. Donivan ran over to Tyler and grabbed his arm, "Principle's office, now. All four of you."

. . . . . . . 

"Christy." I called after her as we walked into the kitchen. 

"You were in a fight today!" She yelled. 

"It wasn't my fault!" I slammed the front door. "I didn't even say a word or anything!"

"Scarlett, it is!" She whirled around, "Look around, you were the one who fucked your biology teacher. Made him lose his teaching license and get deported. Tyler knock a kid out on your behalf, this whole thing has to do with the fact that you can't keep your panties up." 

"How can you say that? I am your niece."

She shook her head, "No, you're not. I don't know who you are. My niece would not behave like some slut, I raised her better!"

 "So I am slut to you too?" It hit me right in the heart. 

"Yes, you are. You don't understand how much shame you brought our family. That's why you're grounded until you move out." 

I chuckled, "Says the one who had a one night stand and nine months later had a baby! Does it still bother you that your baby daddy ditched you and married someone else. But God knows no one else is going to put a ring on your finger. Todd certainly won't." Christy's face turned red, her hand collided with my cheek.

"You don't dare say that to me! Alex is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Unlike you, inheriting you was the biggest mistake. I knew I should I have given you up for adoption."

I couldn't breath, first she hit and now this. 

She continued, "I didn't want you. I didn't ask for this. You are just a spoiled brat. Once, you're eighteen, you are gone. Do you hear me?"

"Why don't I just leave now? Cause clearly that's what you want. And just so you know, I didn't ask for you to be my caretaker." Tears welled up in my eyes. 

Christy took a deep breath, "Scarlett, I am sorry. I just got caught up in the moment and-"

"Stop. I know how you feel about me and trust me I wish you would have given me up as well." I ran up the stairs.

"Scarlett, please come back." She called after me. "Let me explain."