Chapter 7

*Edited*

I sat at Tracey's white vanity, straightening my hair. I can't get Niall out of my head, I couldn't get his lips  off of my mind. Maybe going to the club would help with all of this.

I moved my hair to the side, I nearly had a heart-attack, "No, no, no." I stood up and looked at my neck in the mirror. There were at least four spots where Niall had given me love bites. Shit.

"Shut the hell up! We haven't left and you already have a hickey!" I jumped to see Tracey in the doorway smiling.

"Dude! Shut up."

"Don't worry. Now, who did it? Was it Tyler, did you do a rebound?" Her voice was full of hope.

"Seriously, a rebound is after you break up and Tyler and I have been broken up for a almost 2 weeks." I pointed out.

"Whatever. But seriously who did that."

"Uhh," She is my best friend but I can't tell her. I wanted to tell her but I couldn't and I shouldn't. "A vacuum." I instantly regretted speaking without thinking.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's nothing. Just help me conceal these."

"Fine but you owe me explanation soon." I nodded, that was fair. Soon gave me sometime to figure out what happened myself.

I was out of breath after 2 hours of dancing at this club called Pulse. For a weekday, this place was really packed.

"Tired already?" She smiled as she swayed back and forth.

"Yeah, hey I'm going to go get a drink." I walked over to the bar, i squeezed in between two couples to get a seat.

"What will it be?" The bartender asked. 

"One sprite," I smiled, she turned away to get the drink.

"What are you doing here?" I turned to see Tyler standing there, smiling. 

"I could ask you the same thing." I yelled over the techno music. 

"Where is Tracey?" He changed the subject.

I pointed to where she was, grinding on some stranger, "She's been out there for hours."

"She is like the energizer bunny." He returned.

I smiled, "Yeah. Next time I go shopping for a best friend, I need to stay away form that aisle. I honestly can't keep up with her."

Tyler smiled, "Yeah. Hey look at us, we are actually having a wonderful conversation." I punched his arm, laughing.

"I guess we can." I agreed. 

We sat there, watching people go nuts.

"I miss you." He finally spoke. 

"Okay, trouble I'm going to go."

The bartender slid my drink towards me, it bumped over Tyler's elbow spraying my skirt.

I stood and swore, "That's cold."

Tyler grabbed the napkins from the horrified bartender. He began trying to wipe my skirt. "I got it." I snapped. He sat back on the barstool.

"I am so sorry." The bartender apologized.

"It's okay." I looked over at Tyler, "This is super sticky. Can you take me home?"

He nodded. "I will go tell Tracy. She probably is going to last for another 2 hours." I said as I walked to the dance floor. I had to move quickly past a couple dry humping each other. Gross.

The girl bumped me. "Watch it! This isn't animal planet."

"Excuse me?" She growled. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to Tracy who was dancing really close with her locker mate.

"Hey! Round 2?" She smiled.

"No, I spilled soda all over me and Tyler is taking me home. Wanna go?"

She looked up at-- I think his name was Scott?

"Nah, I drove here, so I'll call you later." She winked, Scott kissed her neck.

I followed Tyler outside, he put his jacket around my shoulders. 

"Thank you."

"No problem, you looked cold."

I swallowed as I nodded. Tyler opened the passenger door to his beat up truck. Breathe, we haven't been in the same car ever since he admitted he cheated on me. He opened his door and looked over at me.

"You okay? You look sick." He asked.

I nodded, "Just a lot of things happened in this car."

He smiled, "Junior Prom."

"No, you sicko! Plus that was at your house." I smacked his shoulder playfully.

"Oh yeah! Wait what are you talking about?" He laughed.

"Our breakup." I said.

He looked sad, "Oh yeah. Hate this car."

"We also had our first kiss in here." I admitted.

"And our last." He looked at the steering wheel. I didn't say anything. I couldn't, my throat was tight and dry.

He started his car. A familiar tune came on.

Ed Sheeran's voice filled the car. "I am sorry, I just like to listen to it." He reached to turn in off. "No," I grabbed his wrist. "I like this song."

Give Me Love was our song, when there was a us.

Later, Tyler pulled into the driveway of my house. The lights were still on, which was a good sign. Maybe since I wasn't home super late she won't say anything about Tyler.

"Well thanks for the ride." I said when he put the car in park.

"Anytime, if you ever need anything. Call me. I miss you, I hope you know that." I didn't reply.

"I understand." He said as he got out of his car and opened my door. He held my hand as I got out. My wedges were hurting my feet. I reached down to loosen the strap. I fell into Tyler's arms. "Thanks." I said.

I slid off my shoes, "Do you want your jacket back?" I asked.

"Nah, I like the way it looks on you. I'll walk you to your door." And he did.

"Thank you." He leaned in and kissed my cheek. I closed my eyes. 

"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight." He walked back to his car. I slipped inside. I leaned against the door for support.

"I always did like him." I saw Christy smiling.