YouTopia

"My liege, the enemy has breached the outer defense and are now in the capital." A soldier informed Felix. Even though his expression was neutral, Felix could see the fear shining in his eyes. His red uniform was torn in various places and coated in a thick layer of dust, his sword hanging loosely in his hand.

"Are all of our troops out there helping the subjects?" Marzia interjected.

"We're doing the best we can, but we're spread too thin!" Felix's captain Brad exclaimed.

"I need to escort you two to safety." Brad added, motioning for them to follow him. They hesitated before reluctantly agreeing, knowing that there was little to nothing that they could do for their subjects. Whatever was attacking them was strong and fast, worrying Felix.

As soon as they stepped outside of their palace, they saw the extent of damage done for the first time since the start of the attack.

The white stone barrier that surrounded the capital was now a pile of rubble, some of which was on top of unfortunate subjects.

"Edgar! Maya!" Felix barked.

His two pugs bounded over to him from the palace, sitting patiently beside him while Brad scanned for a safe way out.

"Your Majesty, Captain Brad, all cities around the capital are down." A soldier reported.

"Go see what you can do to help the subjects Romania." Brad commanded.

Romania nodded before running off.

The kingdom was overrun with black swirls that cut through Felix's soldier like a knife through butter. Felix knew what they were, but he never expected them to return.

Soon all of his soldiers were lying dead or wounded on the golden ground, the few subjects still alive being killed in front of his very eyes.

Fifty million.

Fifty million people were dead or dying, and here was nothing he could do for any of them but watch.

"Hello Felix."

Felix whirled around to see a dark shadowy figure holding Marzia, pressing a knife against her throat, their face obscured and voice a deep baritone that sent shivers down his spine despite the warm spring like weather. She was shaking, tears streaming down her cheeks. Brad was unconscious beside him and his pugs were nowhere to be seen.

He was completely alone.

"What do you want?!?" Felix yelled, stepping towards Marzia.

"Ah ah ah, I wouldn't do that." The figure tsked, pressing the knife harder against Marzia's threat, creating a thin line of blood across her neck. She bit her lip to keep from crying out.

"We are a peaceful kingdom, we have no quarrel with your kind!" Felix protested.

"Then why are we in the Shadow Realm instead of here, hm?" The figure snarled.

Suddenly from behind, he felt someone grab him and press a knife to his throat as well.

"Thanks darling." The shadowy figure smiled at the figure holding Felix captive.

Felix glanced out of the corner of his eye just in the to see Brad wake up, sneaking behind the figure holding Felix with his sword.

Suddenly the shadowy figure holding Felix lashed out at Brad, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him up in the air.

Brad's eyes were wide with panic as his legs kicked out wildly, his hands clawing desperately at the smoky black tendrils curled around his throat.

"Go tell the neighboring kingdoms that this land belongs to the Demons." The figure commanded with a hiss before releasing him. Brad sputtered and gasped for air once he hit the ground, scrambling to his feet. He glanced helplessly at Felix for a moment before running off.

"We're going to have so much fun together." The figure chuckled before everything turned dark.

Mark jumped when he heard a knock on the entrance to his castle, startling him.

Currently it was almost midnight, and Nate, his musician, was practicing his new song he wrote for him.

"I'll be just a moment." Mark assured Nate as he hastily left the room and cracked open the black metal doors.

Whoever it was must've been an ally if the guards let them through the gates he used as a defense around his blue castle made of sapphire that was thick enough to not be seen through and was almost invincible.

He was surprised to find one of Felix's guards standing in front of the door, his breath coming in shorts gasps and sweat dotting his forehead, his legs abruptly buckling underneath him.

Mark instinctively dived and caught him before he hit the ground, bringing him inside and lying him on the couch by the unlit fire.

"I'll have to ask you to come back later Nate!" Mark yelled over his shoulder. Nate emerged from Mark's room and bowed before leaving, pausing only for a moment to glance at the fallen soldier.

"Amy!" Mark yelled.

"What?" Amy yawned, poking her head out of the library, all traces of weariness disappearing when she noticed the guard lying on the couch.

"What happened?" Amy asked as she darted down the black staircase.

"I don't know, he just knocked on my door and then he passed out. He must've run a long way to get here." Mark observed.

As the guard started to wake up, Amy brought him a glass of water, gently helping him sit up.

"Who are you?" Amy inquired once he had finished his drink in three large gulps.

"Captain Brad of the Brofist Army." He saluted, despite his weariness.

"I ran here to give you a message. The Demons have taken over YouTopia." Brad informed them grimly.

"What?" Mark gasped in shock.

"They took Felix and Marzia."  Brad stated solemnly.

"And I couldn't do a damn thing." He huffed in frustration.

"I'll alert the other kingdoms immediately." Mark nodded.

"What are you going to do?" Brad frowned in confusion.

"I'm taking back the crown." Mark smiled reassuringly before walking upstairs and disappearing out of view.