Playful Heart [7] Shameless

Start from the beginning

I groaned and rolled over, stuffing my face into a pillow. This was going to be a long night.

And indeed it was a long, sleepless night.

I got a total of three hours of sleep while the rest were spent going over the situation and different scenarios in my head. Even with all those hours spent wrestling my thoughts, I decided I would just avoid Giovanni and hopefully, the feelings would die and I would be fine.

But I didn’t think of how I was going to handle Lysander.

I shuffled into the kitchen and smiled as a plate of French toast landed in front of me as I sat down at the bar. “Figured you would get no sleep, so I’ve made a big thing of coffee and some sugary treats.” Nate said, spatula in hand and smile on his face.

“You’re too good to me.” I sighed, tearing of a strip of toast and stuffing it in my mouth. I finished two plates of French toast and five cups of coffee and now, I was on my sixth while Nate and I sat down in the living room to have a talk.

Or in other words, talk about my new found mate.

“Listen, I was thinking about this and I know youre going to hate me for suggesting it, but I think you should tell Lysander the truth, about everything and then we should go home.” I breathed in my coffee and started choking, almost dropping the cup.

“Excuse me?” I wheezed, putting the cup down and letting out a huge cough. “Do you think it’s that easy? I just go up to him now, tell him I’m a werewolf, the future Alpha at that, and then say he’s my mate and we have to go home? I just met him! That’s like me saying let’s get married and have kids!”

“Well obviously, you can’t have kids becau – “

“Shut the fuck up Nate.” I snapped and he pursed his lips.

“What I’m saying is, ignore Giovanni. You just met him, the feelings aren’t that strong. In about three weeks’ time, he should be moved on already. But in that three weeks, talk to Lysander, get to know him and then when you guys are madly in love, tell him the truth and then we go back home.” He said all of that as if it was the simplest thing since sliced bread, even smiled at the end.

“Nate, I’m not going back home just because I found my mate. That defeats the purpose of us leaving in the first place.” Then I suddenly understood what he was getting at. Nate slowly nodded his head with a smirk.

“See. If you go back with your mate, you can tell your dad that that is why you were gone. He can’t punish you for leaving to find your mate.”

My best friend was a genius.

Oh wow, this was perfect. I could do this. Ignoring Giovanni? I ignore people all the time, it’s a piece of cake. Just then, my phone rang and I nearly fell off of the couch. I started to get up to go and get it from my room, but Nate reached out, grabbed my arm and pulled me down onto the couch.

“Ignoring.” Was all he said before he got up and walked to my room. I heard the phone stop ringing and he walked back into the living room. “I have confiscated your phone for the time being. You will get it back when I see fit.” I huffed, but made no arguments. He was doing this for my own sake, I would respect it.

“Now, we just need to call Navaeh and double check on something and then we head out.” I looked at him in shock.

“Head out? Does the word shape shifters mean nothing to you?” He looked at me slowly, his face bored, before looking back at the computer and pulling up Skype.

“We are heading out to do some recon. We need to find out why they’re here and why they are following us, because using the fact that we’re werewolves isn’t going to be a good excuse.” I nodded thoughtfully at his logic, because it was true. There was no way in hell that these bastards were following us just because we are werewolves. The only shape shifters that hated werewolves were the ones in Emery, and there was a reason behind it.