Chapter 5

LEVY

As left the dorm (window still open) and headed to the library, I realized I didn't have any reason to go there, and Lucy wouldn't know if I didn't really go there. Instead of walking to library, I went to Magnolia Park. It was in the same direction as the library so no real difference.

When I got to the park saw that Gajeel was also there, but I saw that a bit late. I had already sat down at my favorite tree when I noticed that he was sitting in that tree. I tried to ignore him watching me and tried to think. Who would send little ol' me a love letter? It wasn't Gajeel because he was just returning a book about dragons he had borrowed, and that was what he had put in my bag. I blushed as I thought of what I would say to him because he was coming down from the tree. Fiddlesticks! He's walking around the tree towards me, I can feel my heart beat quickening. What do I say? What do I say?!

"Hey Shrimp," the taller mage said. "You ever find out about the letter?"

"No but I was wondering if you could help me. Can you get a smell off of the letter so I can find the owner?" I asked. I have no idea where that plan came from, but I was a good one.

"Sure shorty. Do you have the note or did you leave it in your bag?" he replied, not meeting my eyes and looking at the horizon in a way he probably thought was cool.

"It's back at my house. You wanna go over there now?" In my head I was freaking out. I just invited the love of my life over to smell a piece of paper that may or may not belong to him. This was turning out to be a weird day. I should have stayed in bed.

"Whatever you say. Let's go before it gets cold." We then walked together in an awkward silence to my dorm.