Chapter 4

Ash's POV

I was sitting with Marina, laughing as Serena shoves 5-6 macrons into her mouth. Marina continues to beg for forgiveness from Jesus. I couldn't control my laughter. Soon, Serena goes into the kitchen. I was about to stand when Marina takes my hand and pulls me down and scoots closer to me. I start sweating as I feel Marina come closer and closer to me. I shout my eyes waiting for the worst- I am going to share my FIRST KISS with someone I DON'T LOVE!!

"Ash, open your eyes" I could her Marina's soft voice ringing in my ears. But I did not dare to open them. I just shook my head.

"Ashy, please" I now felt her breath on my neck. Her breath was so different from Serena's. I have experienced many times when Serena fell on me or came extremely close to me, her breath, the rhythm and her voice differed greatly in comparison to her twin sister's.

"Marina, I am getting uncomfortable, you know" I said, somewhat rudely.

I heard her pout and mumble something but she soon placed her soft perfumed hand on my cheek.

"I understand"

 I still had my eyes shut and was shivering like anything. I guess Marina noticed this and she took back her hand and instead grabbed my hand. I felt her breath dying off my neck and I opened my eyes to peek at Marina's position. Thank god she was sitting at a good distance away from me but her hands still clutched mine. I sighed. My eyes then moved towards the door where I saw Serena standing, leaning against the door. She smirked at me. I looked at her with the cutest face I could make, trying to convey her the message that she should save me from this crap. But she shrugged and walked upstairs. The last hope of fire died as Serena blew the candle of hope inside me. I looked at Marina and formed a fake smile. She gave me a cute smile.

"Sorry Ash. I think I spaced out" she said clearly embarrassed.

I sighed and said "No problem it happens" although this is a very rare case where you would space out and kiss the nearest person to you. I kept on smiling and felt her hand climb my chest, up my neck, and now ruffling my hair.

Okay this is enough.

"Marina I guess I need to use the washroom" I said while standing up "meet you soon" I waved my hand and rushed upstairs, three steps at a time. I barged in Serena's room, panting heavily. I managed to get out "please save me" before collapsing on her bed, tired of running. I thought Serena would come over and help me but when I shifted my gaze to her, I could see her chewing a bubblegum and looking at me with a disgusted face.

"Pathetic" she said while shaking her head and returning back to her book. I sighed.  

Serena's POV

  "Please save me" were the words he could take out as he clapped his hands in front of my face. I blinked my eyes and continued to chew my gum, having a disgusted expression on my face. 

"Pathetic" I said. 

Ash lifted his head and looked into my eyes, with his auburn ones. We locked our gaze and continued staring at each other.

Suddenly, I heard some soft knocks on my door. I flinched and looked towards the door and then back at Ash. Ash looked in utter shock. Slowly, the door creaked open and I was waiting for someone to come in. I felt Ash moving beside me but I kept looking at the door. As the door opened revealing a sad Marina, something turned my face and I felt something touch my lips. As I saw who it was, my eyes widened. I kept staring at the face with my eyeballs almost popping out off their sockets. I heard a little gasp from Marina. 

When realization dawned on me, I pushed Ash away from me. I looked at Ash, then at Marina, back to Ash. Ash was hiding his laughter while Marina was keeping in her tears. I kept shifting gazes from Ash to Marina and touched my lips.

"Marina" I said running over to my sis "listen sis, I don't know what the hell is going on here but I can explain" I tried to comfort her as she pushed her head into my Tee and poured out her tears, uncontrollably. I glared at Ash, shooting daggers at him through my eyes. But he kept on grinning. "Marina, stop crying. I don't wanna see my sis crying and ruining her-uhh"

"Makeup" Ash said.

"Yeah, makeup. Please stop crying. Marina, explain please" I said. I looked back at Ash who waved at me. I hate whenever someone does something that makes my sis cry. And now I have to deal with Ash. 

"Serena" I heard my sister whimper as she wiped her tears and looked at me. I was taller than her so she had to lift her head up,"I am not crying because I am sad. I was pouring out tears of joy" My mouth dropped. And Ash also dropped his expression and gulped. 

"Marina, what do you mean?" I asked, slightly nervous.

"I know why Ash came here and kissed you, because he wanted our first kiss to be perfect" she said smiling.

I backed off. I saw the look on Ash's face as he was gulping in air and almost in tears. I also felt tears form in my eyes. I saw Marina's smile disappearing as she looked at me. I was about to cry. Even Ash, looked at me hoping that I would cry for him. But instead I burst out laughing so hard, that tears flowed down my cheeks. I fell to the ground and laughed like a person who didn't laugh since ages.