Chapter Nineteen - Bonding and Frustrations

Hey guys!

Here is the next chapter for you guys I hope you like it. It's a bit of a long one.

Also I wanted to let you know my next chapter might not be up in exactly a week as I've some exams coming up so it might even be two weeks before the next chapter is up but I hope you guys will bear with me.

Enjoy!

Amy-Nicole xoxo

Sighing I dropped my head down on to my open history books beyond frustrated and over trying to finish off the assignments Kate took down while I was absent. I yelped in surprise as someone caught my ankle that had been swinging back and forth in the air while I lay out on my stomach.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." I turned offering Caleb a small smile.

"It's okay. I guess I was lost in homework. Everything okay?" Snapping my books closed I pushed myself up and moved to sit with my legs stretched out as Caleb came to sit next to me on the blanket.

"No everything is fine, I just wanted to see if you're okay."

"Yeah...I suppose. I'm just a little worn out and fed up, I think." Caleb's brown eyes watched me as I took in the garden trying to distract my mind and give myself time to relax.

"Fed up?"

"Yeah, I'm annoyed and fed up that we can't find a way to rid me of Chase's spells." Sighing I crossed my arms leaning them on my knees as I brought them up. "I feel like a liability, that I'm putting you all at risk."

"You're not a liability, we care about you which means we're going to stand by you. We will sort this out." Caleb's warm smile encouraged one from me as he wrapped an arm round me bringing me into him as he gave me a hug. "I have a feeling you'll surprise us all, including yourself." I frowned looking up at him as he looked out at his garden.

"Surprise? Good surprise or bad surprise?"

"Good. I promise, once you get a hang of your magic, you're going to do wonderful things."

"I doubt you'd say that if I end up setting you on fire or something. Setting a fire is the only thing I've been able to do so far." Caleb's deep chuckle drifted through the warm silent late afternoon air.

"You're going to learn how to use them, it's just going to take time."

"How? I don't know what I can do, none of you or your parents know what I can do. You had parents to teach you how to use your magic. What if I have restrictions or risks like yourself and the others? I don't know anything about my magic. How am I meant to know how to use it and not abuse it or do horrible things with it without anyone to tell me? I don't want to end up like Chase." Caleb frowned as I pulled back from him, my internal battle and worries warring inside me.

"You're not like Chase, and I know you won't end up like him. He's selfish and craves power, he enjoys hurting people and will do anything to get what he wants. You are kind and caring, you worry so much about keeping everyone safe and not hurting them, you aren't a risk to us."

"You don't know that Caleb, I didn't grow up with you or the others, you don't know me as well as Chase. I grew up with him and he was my entire world until we were split up, and even then, I still held him close to me, in my heart. I wouldn't let anyone close to me, afraid I'd lose them like I did him. What if I do end up just like him?"

"I know you won't. You said you stopped letting anyone in once you lost Chase but you didn't. Reid told me about Diana, you let her in. You loved her like she was your own mother and she loved you. And Kate, you let her in, she thinks you're her friend, she cares about you as do we. Then there is Reid, you let him in, right? Do you care about him like you did Chase?"