He turned sharply to the left and disappeared from view.

Catherine ripped off her hat. "He's out of the building and he ran to the left!"

Stephanie faintly nodded. "We'll get him."

**

David Kel and Zephyr were through the dimensional door into the roiling battle that was now the courtroom. They brought up their shields and link them together as they begin charging down towards the podium.

"Alf protect our flank." David Kel shouted as they ran.

They slammed right into a role of men and the men went flying but neither Zephyr nor David Kel slowed as they ran straight for the back wall.

They hit the back wall with such force and power that the solid metal that formed it ripped apart like a cheap tin can.

David Kel and Zephyr came out right in front of Cox.

He stared at them in shock. Zephyr seized the opportunity and broke the shield link as she leapt at him and swung out with the shield.

The stunned Cox didn't have time to move and the shield smashed into his side and he went flying into a wall.

But to both David Kel's and Zephyr surprise the shield around Cox held. He sprung to his feet as his men poured out of the building and started to shoot at them forcing them to crouched down and relink their shields to protect themselves.

Without opening her eyes Stephanie shouted. "Steven what's up with his shield?"

"I don't know! My hands are full trying to deal with that weird object they stabbed into the podium!"

"I'll try to figure out! Alf send everything you have recorded on that shield to my counsel." Catherine stated. Instantly multiple screens appeared in front of her.

David Kel and Zephyr shields started to dim and they were forced into retreating behind a building.

"They have too many heavy weapons, are shields will not hold against the onslaught and they are expertly covering Cox's retreat." The

**

The man's retreating to protect Cox had allowed Alf to push the droids forward. Daniel seen an opening and he smiled as he took control of one of the droids off to the side of the podium.

The droid jumped out from behind its cover and dashed the few steps to the man that had the frequency-based weapon. In one swift movement Daniel's droid yanked the weapon from the man's hands then ripped it in half.

The man's eyes grew wide and he stared at the droid in horror as the droid grabbed the gun's core in its metal hand.

WaaaLooom! The core cried in an ear deafening wail that ended in a drumming echo.

Everything went white and Daniel quickly ripped his hat off.

**

David Kel peaked his head around the corner and watched in amazement as all the men in Black were sucked back into the courtroom then milliseconds later shot back out flying in all directions to slide to the ground unconscious.

"What just happened?!" Zephyr breathed.

"I believe Lord Maddog just lived up to his name." Alf answered his voice full of amusement.

"What?"

"No time to think about it right now! Cox is still getting away." David Kel shouted at her.

She didn't have to be told twice and both of them darted around the corner and dashed off after Cox jumping over the fallen and scattered men as they went.