LET'S GO CHECK IT OUT

Daniel's eyes lit up. "Let's go check it out."

"What why? It's just a glitch." Steven asked.

Daniel jumped back into the pilot seat and started the pirate ship back up. "No, it sounds like a perfect place to hide a smuggling operation."

"You've been playing to many games." Stephanie scolded.

"I don't 'play'. I use them to increase my skills." Daniel asserted as he started to undock.

"Hey, what are you doing?!" Stephanie demanded as the ship pulled away from the station.

"Going to check it out. Duh."

"It's a glitch. Nothing will be there, and the Heldrid field is not exactly a walk in the park!"

"Oh yes it is. I've flown threw it before, remember?"

"Yeah, in an unmanned drone; if you goofed around and crashed, it wouldn't too big of a deal. You are not taking US in there!" Stephanie fumed.

Michael, once again, took manual control over the ship. "This is exactly why I said we need to sell this."

"Hey!" Daniel exclaimed, pouting, as Mike took over control. He crossed his arms and leaned back. "Fine then. I won't take the ship into the cloud. I'll just go to the edge and remote a drone in."

Silence

"Please, I wanna see what's in there."

Mike looked at the others.

Catherine shrugged

"Theoretically speaking I would like to see if my algorithms are causing it or a locational interlacing miscalculation."

Stephanie sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to go into the field. I would like to see the quality of this ship's logic drive. We are NOT entering the cloud, okay?!"

"Ok." Dan replied in a saddened voice.

Michael released the controls and Daniel eagerly grabbed them. He slammed the accelerator and the ship burst into a speeding dash.

In under five minutes, they were at the edge of the asteroids that surrounded the Heldrid field. Daniel slowly rounded the giant floating boulders, guided the ship through the outer layers, and then abruptly floored it, sending the ship bobbing and weaving through the asteroids at an insane speed.

"Slow down!" Both Steven and Stephanie shouted at the same time.

"Why? There is no need. The logic drive and maneuvering thrusters on this thing are amazing." Daniel aimed them directly at a frigate sized hunk of rock.

Immediately, the logic drive compensated, spinning them straight down so fast, that simulated gravity generators could not counter the inertia. This sent everyone except for Daniel and Catherine, who had remembered to strap themselves in, tumbling out of their seats.

"See." Dan said, with a giant grin looming from his ear to ear.

Everyone glared at him, and Stephanie spat, "I'm going to kill you!"

Daniel responded by stopping the space craft in a perfect reverse spin, once again sending them sprawling. "We're here!" He antagonistically proclaimed.

"D...D...Danny!" Steven shouted

"That's it! I'm not cooking for you anymore!" Stephanie threatened.