Chapter Four: Galaxy Defenders

Closing time – KaeLeigh's favorite time of the day.

Greasy's normally closed up shop before nine o'clock in the evening, which left more time for KaeLeigh and Lazy Susan to go home and sleep off all the waiting they've done. Of course, on the weekends, they partied (in the best sense of the term for a town like Gravity Falls).

"Have a good night, sweetheart," Susan bode KaeLeigh.

"You, too," KaeLeigh happily returned.

Just as she locked up the entrance, both women were illuminated by the approaching headlights of a 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria.

KaeLeigh knew the vehicle, as well as the pair of black-suited men (an old Caucasian and a young African American) stepping out of it. "Not now," she groaned underneath her breath.

"Sorry, boys, we're closed," Susan told the men. "And what's up with the sunglasses at night? That song's not to be taken literal, ya know."

"My apologies, ma'am," the old Caucasian man said, reaching into his right pants pocket to retrieve a unique tool that he fiddled with before holding it up between himself and Susan. "If you don't mind, would you look into this little red dot for me here?" He indicated said dot at the topmost end of the device that faced her.

 "If you don't mind, would you look into this little red dot for me here?" He indicated said dot at the topmost end of the device that faced her

Knowing what came next, KaeLeigh reached in her purse and put on her own pair of sunglasses she kept, seemingly for this occasion.

Susan tittered. "Is this some kind of eye exam? Because you're a little too—"

She was silenced at the instant the device emitted a bright flash right into her one good eye. She was stupefied, standing as stiff as a board in front of the two suited men and an unhappy KaeLeigh.

"Alright, Miss Wentworth," the old gentleman began while removing his shades with KaeLeigh and his young African American companion. "You're gonna stay home tonight and the next few days and not worry about coming to work. The good people of this town will do just fine with TV dinners 'til then. Now you have yourself a good evening."

"Thanks, whoever you are," said an overjoyed Susan.

KaeLeigh watched her coworker leave, having no idea her memory was just wiped by M.I.B. Agent Kay.

"You didn't have to do that," she told him. "She had no idea who you guys were already."

"These people have no clue what's coming their way," Kay remarked. "Their best chance is to remain safe in their homes, not knowing."

"Believe it or not, that bull actually makes sense," Agent Jay (Kay's usual partner) vouched.

KaeLeigh could only shake her head. "Have you guys uncovered any leads yet?"