Chapter Two: Steal Our Sunshine

A few hops and a skip. That's what it took for Leidy to fit into one spare Ghostbuster uniform out of the second floor locker room. It was tight on her hips, made her buttocks clench unintentionally, and left an undesirable amount of cleavage at the front, but she managed nonetheless.

Though it had a Ghostbusters patch stitched on the sleeve, a nametag made out of gray duct tape was crudely strapped above the right breast pocket and labeled as "Rookie."

She heard someone walk in behind her, turning stiffly to see Christina.

"Leidy? You getting settled in alr—?" The secretary stopped as she noticed the undersized uniform on the young woman.

"What do you think?" Leidy modeled herself, again turning in a stiffened motion.

"I think you might've tried on a uniform left over from the Junior Ghostbusters program." Christina could make out every detail of Leidy's athletic figure through the snugly fabric. "Some of those kids were a little shorter than you."

Leidy's satisfaction didn't waver. "I will make it work. I am only happy to be living my dream after so many years of watching mi hermano save the world from monsters. I hope he is having a great vacation."

"I do, too. He had a pretty nasty breakup over this girl who became half-immortal when she was still working with us."

"Half-immortal? I do not understand. How can someone be 'half-immortal'?"

Christina passively shrugged. "Something about molecules reversing and blah, blah, blah. I dunno. She chose the Underworld over him – that's all that I know."

Leidy's heart sank. "Pobre hermanito."

The downstairs phone rang. They heard Donald, Goofy, and Mickey (as usual) fight over who had it.

"Every day for the last four years!" Christina huffed, hurrying back to the first floor with Leidy in tow. Assuredly, there the boys were, on her desk, wrestling over the phone while knocking all of the contents off.

"Guys, guys, GUYS!"

They literally froze in place, allowing Christina to reach over and take the phone out of their grips.

"Ghostbusters," she said into the receiver.

"Yes, we need your help!" The voice on the other end was a frightened teenage girl. "We spotted a ghost in the Gracie Manor in Washington Heights! It's so scary! Please get here fast!"

"We will, sweetheart," Christina reassuringly said. "Can you describe it for me?"

Total silence followed before she heard nothing else but a dial tone.

"She hung up," a baffled Christina notified the others. "All she said was that she saw a ghost at the Gracie Manor up in the Heights."

"Then that's where we're goin'!" Mickey said. "C'mon, fellas...and Leidy!"

The three freshly-minted Ghostbusters and their newest recruit climbed into the Ectomobile and sped off into the night.

Little had they known about the group of rebelliously dressed youths watching across the street from the Ghostbusters firehouse HQ. One of the rebels – a girl with a purpled fashion sense that matched with her long hair – pocketed her smartphone.

"Alright, guys," she told her cohorts. "It's payback time."