Chapter twenty

"We have a day out, let's use it. Find some good swimming places" Nathan stated. "I heard the other riders will be doing things today too"

"Why don't we go flying?" Whirlpool replied.

"Sounds good" Nathan stated. Whirlpool flew out the window of the room the two were sharing, flying over the castle. Below in the city, lots of different dragons were socializing. The whole city was alive with energy. "What's with the big celebration?"

"No. According to Shimmer, the leaders of the dragon tribes are gathering to speak with the king. Lots of their tribes are also gathered here" Whirlpool explained.

"When did you talk to her?" Nathan asked teasingly.

"Hush. It was with Stardust" Whirlpool replied.

"Check it out!" Nathan cried happily, Whirlpool chuckling seeing a large lake with other water dragons swimming in it. Whirlpool flew down, but they both instantly noticed something.

"Why are the water dragons split up? Half and half" Whirlpool stated, confused.

"Hey! Hatchling!" A male water dragon called, swimming over. "What type are you?"

"Type?" Whirlpool replied.

"Yeah. Are you a fresh water or a salt water?" The male replied.

"Oh um..... I don't know" whirlpool replied.

"How can you not know!? Are you from the ocean or from the lakes!?" A female called. Most of the water dragons were now focused on the young dragon, not noticing his rider.

"Because I wasn't raised on Draconus!" Whirlpool snapped, Nathan frowning at his dragons anger. "My egg was abandoned on earth and I was raised by my human rider, Nathan"

The water dragons were silent. Nathan took the opportunity and rubbed whirlpool's neck soothingly, sending calming and soothing emotions through the bond.

"I think you may be a mixed" all heads turned to a stunning young female dragon. Her shiny bright blue scales shimmered in the light.

"Firestar said your a mix water" Nathan reminded.

"Yes. I heard someone say that before. But I have no idea what that means" Whirlpool stated.

"A mixed is a water dragon who's half salt water and half fresh water. One parent was from the ocean and the other from the lakes" the stunning female stated.

"Th-that makes sense" Whirlpool stated.

"And your the water dragon everyone has heard of, who has a human!" She gasped excitedly. She glided over and looked at Nathan closely. "Is is true your human can understand us?"

"Yes. My names Whirlpool, and this is my rider" Whirlpool stated.

"Names Nathan, nice to meet you. Call me Nate" Nathan stated.

"Amazing! My name is Jewel. My mother is Glimmer, and my aunt Orca is the water dragon leader" the female stated happily.

"Excuse me. You said your a mixed?" A larger female water dragon asked as she swam over.

"Yes" Whirlpool stated.

"Your egg was abandoned on earth too?" The female questioned.

"Yes" Whirlpool stated.

"M-my name is Rainy. About two years ago, I was mated to a fresh water dragon. Then almost a year later, after laying his egg, he stole the egg and vanished. He came back a month later claiming the egg was now dead somewhere on earth, and he wouldn't have a mixed hatchling" The female explained softly. "Whirlpool, I-I think your that egg"

"You have a mother" Nathan breathed.

"I have a mother!" Whirlpool cried happily. "I can't believe it...... I-I have a mother!"

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Jewel stated and Whirlpool embraced his mother. Rainy began to cry and Nathan slid down Whirlpool's tail, walking over and standing beside Jewel.

"It's adorable"

"I agree"