Chapter one

Somewhere else around the same time

Darkness covered everything, no sounds other than faint breathing. Suddenly, bright entered and filled the entire room, an elderly woman glaring at a sleeping girl. The girl had short black hair and a golden sun necklace.

"Christina landers, get up right now! You'll be late for school" the elder snapped and the girl didn't move. The elder sighed before bringing her fingers to her lips, letting out a loud whistle. Christina shot up with a startled shout, looking at the elder in alarm, her dark blue eyes wide with fright. After seeing no danger she laid back down with a groan.

"Nana. Noooo, I'm tired" she whined.

"It's Thursday, get ready for school" came a snap as the elder left the room. Christina groaned and got up, showering before getting dressed in black shorts, a light blue tank top, and slid on a dark blue hoody. She smiled at her sun necklace before running downstairs, grabbing a sandwich from a plate and ate as she got her dark blue running shoes on.

"Have a good day dear" an elderly man ordered.

"Yes papa" she replied happily and opened the door, only to see a boy waiting. "Let me guess, you wanna race to school?"

"Oh yes" he stated before waving at the elders. "Good morning Mrs. Landers! Mr. Landers!"

"Good morning Jordan" Mr. Landers chuckled.

"Get to school you too!" Mrs. Landers snapped and they ran to two bikes laughing. Christina got on a dark blue bike while Jordan got onto a bike with a flaming design.

"Chris, you forgot your bag" Mr. Landers called and she gasped, rushing back and grabbed it before getting to her bike and they rode off. Jordan pulled ahead as they raced and they both laughed.

Jordan looked about Christina's age. He had spiky fiery red hair and very strange golden eyes. He wore a fire red muscle shirt, black shorts, dark red running shoes, and cool sunglasses.

"Beep beep, coming through" a boy in a truck said as he rode by and Jordan's jaw dropped while Christina laughed and passed him, riding up beside the truck that slowed.

"Mornin' Leo! Good morning Bryan!" She greeted cheerfully. The man driving chuckled while Leo laughed as they sped up.

"See you at school Chris" Leo laughed as they drove off. Jordan caught up and they kept riding until they got up a hill and arrived at a school. They found Leo waiting and both locked their bikes before walking to him.

Leo had very light brown hair that looked silver, which was short, with sky blue eyes to match. He wore a dark silver T-shirt, a sky blue hooded vest, jeans, and grey running shoes.

"Yo, what the hell was that? Why would you leave us like that and not give us a ride?" Jordan whined playfully. Christina and Leo both laughed with Jordan until the bell rang, to which they split up.

"See you at lunch" Christina called before walking inside. She went upstairs and to a locker before unlocking it, putting her bag inside before going into a class. As she went to sit down, her chair was moved and she winced hitting her head before glaring at a girl. "Leave me alone jade!"

"Make me, loser" Jade smirked. Jade had long golden blonde hair with emerald green eyes. She wore a hot pink crop top, light green short skirt, dark green kapree's, a golden locket, and dark green running shoes.

"Jade, that'll be enough" the teacher ordered and Christina sat down, the teacher giving her a warm smile. "Good morning Christina"

"Good morning Mr. Demi" Christina greeted.

"Please, call me James" he chuckled.

"Yes sir" Christina replied cheerfully and he smiled.

"Now. Let us begin today's lesson! Listen up, especially you in the back!"

************************************************

"Christina, how was school today?" Mrs. Landers asked as Christina walked into the house.

"It was good nana, just a little Jade problem first thing and then a smooth day" Christina replied.

"Good, your baby sitting tonight, Mark will be here in awhile" Mr. Landers called and Christina nodded. Going to her room, she unpacked her bag and got working on homework.

*************************************************

"Mark, I think your mom is almost here" Christina shook a younger boy awake. He yawned and opened his eyes, but got up. He had short blonde hair to go with his icy blue eyes, wearing a dark green hoody and dark brown shorts.

A knock on the door made Christina pick up the boy and walk over, opening it. A lady was waiting and Mark smiled happily.

"Nicky, Mark was very well behaved" Christina stated and the lady smiled.

"Thank you Christina" Nicky said and Mark hugged his mother, Christina walking out to a dark green jeep with them. Nicky out mark in a seat, but he was already asleep, making both Christina and Nicky giggle. Christina gave Nicky a bag and they said a few things before Nicky drove off and Christina went inside.

"Goodnight nana, papa" Christina yawned and went to her room.

"Goodnight sweetheart! Sweet dreams!"