Chapter eighteen

"Ah, shimmer your home" a large female cosmos dragon said as she stalked down from her throne, but stopped seeing stardust and Christina.

"Why have you brought a human here!?" The large male cosmos dragon snarled as he rose from his throne and stalked over, but stopped when stardust shifted to stand over Christina protectively with a growl.

"You will not harm my human" he growled.

"Shimmer, please sweetie, can you explain this?" The female cosmos dragon asked gently, putting a wing around the large male cosmos dragon.

"Mother, father, allow me to introduce stardust and Christina...... Stardust is the egg that was stolen from you mother, my younger brother, and your son" shimmer said before nuzzling Christina who giggled quietly. "And this is stardust's human companion, Christina landers...... One of the few humans that can understand us"

"Humans cannot understand dragons" the king snapped.

"Actually, your highness, I can understand dragons" Christina said boldly before shrinking back at his gaze and hiding behind stardust's leg.

"She knows respect, but..... I thought you had died my son, and now I can see you've grown into a fine young male" the Queen stated as she looked fondly at Christina before nuzzling stardust. "My baby boy has finally come home"

"Do not think it was me. Christina raised me and I'm only months old, Christina is the one to thank" stardust stated and the Queen smiled softly at Christina she stepped out.

"Thank you, Christina..... For bringing my boy home and protecting him as a hatchling" she said and Christina smiled.

"I don't need any thanks, just knowing stardust is enough for me your highness" she said politely.

"Please, you may call me by my name, silverstrike" the Queen said softly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, silverstrike" Christina said kindly.

"And this is my mate, Starstrike, King of the dragons" silverstrike said as she nuzzled her mate, who chuckled and put a wing around her.

"How did you find his egg?" Starstrike asked and Christina explained the entire story. How she found stardust's egg, their bond, the other riders.

"And firestar told us to come here, so we came, and a kind sonic dragon named SwiftFire showed us to where we met shimmer, who brought us here to meet you" Christina finished.

"Incredible" Starstrike said.

"Indeed" silverstrike said. "Christina, where are these others in your team?"

"Their waiting outside mother" shimmer stated.

"I'd like to meet them as well" Starstrike said and shimmer ran to get the riders. Moments later, the riders walked in with shimmer, and Mark looked around in awe.

"Wow, everything is so big and cool looking" mark said before storm stopped him and he looked at silverstrike with curiosity. "Your pretty"

"Thank you little one" silverstrike said with a giggle. Starstrike sighed before looking at the five dragons.

"Mark is young, your highness" storm said nervously.

"I can see that, ice dragon, but Christina and stardust have explained things. You six and your humans will stay at the castle for now, then we will discuss matters after I have met with the lords and ladies of the dragon tribes" Starstrike said.

"Of course, thank you your highness" Lilly said with a polite bow before picking Jade up, setting the blonde girl on her back.

"Then it is settled, shimmer please show them to the spare rooms and stardust to his"

"Yes father"