Plan

"I think she's coming to."

"Then talk to her."

"What do you want me to start with?"

"How about, 'can you hear me?'"

"Uhm... Hey. Can you hear me?" A hand clasped my shoulder, shaking me. I felt my head loll to one side. Everything sounded so far away, like I was under water. I struggled to open my eyes, but gave up when the bright lights burned them. Suddenly the room shook as if there was a massive earthquake happening. I grasped the hand on my shoulder in panic, my eyes shooting open against my will. The light seared, but I was able to make out the room. I was in an ambulance. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and an IV. There was a man hunched over me, I held his hand tightly in mine.

"Quite the grip for a dead girl." He stated, prying my fingers off his hand and glancing at the flatlining monitor. "Can you hear me, Miss McCob? My name is Officer Marks. I'm with the Beacon Hills Police Department. I was called to your residence for a domestic disturbance. You wanna tell me what that's all about?"

I blinked in the light, my mind taking longer than usual to process. Police? Domestic disturbance? I frantically thought back to my last memory. I had been looking for Deaton. I found the man in the blue car. I killed the man in the blue car. I got home late. Slept. Woke up to find Mal. Attacked her. Attacked Brent. Darkness. 'Oh my god. I've lost it. I'm a murderer.' I thought. I forced myself to a sitting position on the gurney and faced the officer, a plan suddenly forming in my mind.

"I attacked my foster sister because she's an ignorant bitch. I attacked my foster dad because he got in my face. I even killed a man tonight. His name was Robert Thompson. Robert... Huh. Paul Thompson!" I suddenly burst out in a fit of laughter. I couldn't stop. I clutched my stomach and doubled over with the force of my laughter. It was official. I was cracked. I wasn't totally surprised. After all, there's only so much a person can take.

The officer looked nervously from me to the paramedic beside him, his hand resting anxiously on the butt of his taser. "Excuse me? Did you just say, Robert Thompson?"

I nodded and struggled to control myself, needing air badly.

"Robert Thompson was found in an auto wreck on county road five. He's in ICU as we speak." My laughter died down to a few hiccups at this.

"He's alive? *hiccup But I saw him dead." I stared at the officer, waiting for him to elaborate. He stared at me for a moment before grabbing his radio.

"Officer Marks to base."

"This is Base."

"Can you give me an update on that accident on county five?"

"Copy. Victim was rushed to BHMH by ambulance and taken to ICU. Victim remains in critical condition."

"Thank you base."

With that, he hooked his radio back on his shirt and turned to the medic beside him. The medic glanced from me to the officer.

"Don't look at me. This is all you. She's not injured. The computers malfunctioning."

The officer sighed and rubbed the back of his neck before looking at me. I stared back, emotionless. If my plan was going to work, I was going to need to act just as crazy as I felt. And I felt... Half gone.

"You say you killed Mr. Thompson? How?"

I took a breath and swallowed.

"I dragged him out of the car and drained his blood." I watched his face for any emotion as he did the same. The paramedic dropped the pen he was holding, his mouth hanging open slightly.

"I see. And why did you drain his blood?" I could see that the officer was just playing along. I felt a tinge of annoyance, but continued.

"I'm a vampire. I need blood to live."

The officer inhaled deeply and sat back, running his hands through his hair in bewilderment. He was obviously unaccustomed to my brand of crazy.

"Okay. I can see where this is headed. Look. Here's what's gunna happen. We're taking you to the PD. We're gunna book you for aggravated assault. Then after your hearing you'll either be released or... Other accommodations will be prepared for you. Due to your situation in foster care, you'll be staying at the PD until your hearing." I frowned. I didn't have time to wait for a hearing.

"Will I be sharing a cell?" I asked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. The officer raised a brow.

"If they need to, yes, someone will join you. Why?" I frowned and tightened my grip on the side of the gurney.

"If you put me in a cell with someone, I will tear them apart." His eyes widened fractionally making me grin in triumph. "You'll be cleaning them off the floor with a mop."

"You do realize that everything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law? And I don't think threatening to kill people is the best way out of this situation." The officer, shook his head in obvious bewilderment and began examining his nails. I had him right where I wanted him. I smirked again.

"Oh. I didn't realize I was under arrest." I held out my hands, wrists up tauntingly. "Cuff me." He stared from me to my wrists and shook his head, chuckling under his breath. "You are a special kind of crazy."

"You have no idea."

He pushed my hands away. "I'm not going to cuff you unless absolutely necessary. But yes, I am taking you into custody." I groaned internally. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but desperate times called for desperate measures. And I was the picture of desperation.

"It's absolutely necessary." I growled. The heat was back, but this time it seemed to let me take the reigns. In a blur, I reached out and grabbed the officer's face in both of my hands, dragging him forward then slamming him back against the window of the ambulance hard enough to crack the glass in web patterns. The officer crumpled to the floor, not unconscious, but temporarily stunned. I turned to the medic just as he reached for a syringe on the metal tray by the gurney. He swung the needle in an arc, giving me plenty of time to guide his hand over me and stab the needle into his own thigh. I felt the officer rise to his feet behind me, but made no move to stop him. I heard the snap on his taser holster unclasp and waited for the shock, gasping when the prods touched the back of my neck. The shock dropped me to my knees, as all my muscle groups spasmed as a whole, my eyes rolling back. The officer reholstered his taser and roughly cuffed my hands behind my back , a bit tight I noted. I smiled in the back of my mind. Step one: check.

"What the hells the matter with you?! You just assaulted an officer and a paramedic, not to mention, property destruction!" The officer yelled, dragging me to my feet and shoving me against the gurney.

"Actually, that's on you. Your head hit the window, not mine." I sneered. Suddenly the ambulance lurched to a stop knocking me off balance. The officer caught me and shoved me toward the back door of the ambulance. The driver ran around the side of the vehicle and threw open the doors to let us out. He stopped when he saw the other paramedic laying on his back on the floor of the van. The officer pushed me out of the van and jumped down after me, leaving the medic completely confused.

"Marks! Is that the suspect?" I heard a voice call to us from up ahead. I glanced up to see an older man walking toward us. He wore an officers uniform with a badge that read Sheriff Stilinski. I felt a sudden dread fill the pit of my stomach but kept myself carefully detached, giving nothing away.

"Yes, sir. And I need to add two counts to her charges. She just assaulted myself and a paramedic during transport. What hold do you want her in until booking?"

Sheriff Stilinski looked me up and down and sighed heavily. "Put her in block 'C' until I read your report."

"Yes, sir." Officer Marks gave me a rough push toward the building.