Prologue

The year is 437

    It is the peek of the dark ages. A disease had spread through a majority of western Europe. Its effects were that of visual hallucinations, anxiety and vertigo. The Knight Merek, who was the first known with this disease called Ergotism, saw the world immensely different from what you or me would perceive the world. He saw day and night change with no consistency. He saw wars take place between people that the natural world never knew. To him the happenings of his kingdom were over seen by beasts. The gates of the castle were guarded by birds of the air and fish of the sea. Not a week passed before the Lords of the land saw fit to seize him and detain him in his own home. The premises of his home were guarded from both front and back.  In the days to come, the Knight Merek awaited his freedom in his basement. At knight he would dream of wondrous tales. All of which he would immediately write down when he awoke. He kept these records until he was cured from his disease. The Kept them hidden, and a secret from all but one; His wife. Upon the death of Sir Merek, His wife brought forth his series of journals and told the stories to her children. These tales came to be known as The Knight's Legend. What you are about to read are those stories.